Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to not have seren and all of the online-video crap?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I like the Netflix-ness of the skin..but why on earth am I being shown movies that I don't have and all this stuff to stream with some premium account? I don't want those whatsoever - is there a way to get it to show my OWN library from paths as Netflix stuff without it suggesting me crap I don't have ripped to my local network?
(2021-08-15, 02:51)TheLastOfUs Wrote: [ -> ]why on earth am I being shown movies that I don't have and all this stuff to stream with some premium account?
We are not responsible for that. Sounds like you installed a third party repo that has installed all that stuff on your system. It has nothing to do with Kodi or the skin Aura.

Best that you start fresh by deleting your Kodi data folder (wiki) and letting Kodi recreate a new empty folder.
(2021-08-15, 03:05)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-15, 02:51)TheLastOfUs Wrote: [ -> ]why on earth am I being shown movies that I don't have and all this stuff to stream with some premium account?
We are not responsible for that. Sounds like you installed a third party repo that has installed all that stuff on your system. It has nothing to do with Kodi or the skin Aura.

Best that you start fresh by deleting your Kodi data folder (wiki) and letting Kodi recreate a new empty folder.

I will delete the skin entirely and go for Aura itself. I used some kind of Wizard...and apologies i didnt mean to post anything obtuse. It just kinda caught me by surprise and most tutorials i see for the skin say to get seren, etc.
(2021-08-15, 04:36)TheLastOfUs Wrote: [ -> ]I will delete the skin entirely and go for Aura itself. I used some kind of Wizard...and apologies i didnt mean to post anything obtuse. It just kinda caught me by surprise and most tutorials i see for the skin say to get seren, etc.
No problems. Those tutorials won't be from official Kodi. They will be from 3rd party developers pushing their piracy add-ons.

Deleting the skin won't fix it. There will be many other addons that were installed and they will need to be removed.

Tell me which operating system you are using and I can tell you where to look
(2021-08-15, 04:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-15, 04:36)TheLastOfUs Wrote: [ -> ]I will delete the skin entirely and go for Aura itself. I used some kind of Wizard...and apologies i didnt mean to post anything obtuse. It just kinda caught me by surprise and most tutorials i see for the skin say to get seren, etc.
No problems. Those tutorials won't be from official Kodi. They will be from 3rd party developers pushing their piracy add-ons.

Deleting the skin won't fix it. There will be many other addons that were installed and they will need to be removed.

Tell me which operating system you are using and I can tell you where to look

Ah..crap. I'm on a shield TV - I know where to access the add-ons. I'll try to nuke what I can..it also wiped my sources x_x ....damn
(2021-08-15, 02:51)TheLastOfUs Wrote: [ -> ]So I like the Netflix-ness of the skin..but why on earth am I being shown movies that I don't have and all this stuff to stream with some premium account? I don't want those whatsoever - is there a way to get it to show my OWN library from paths as Netflix stuff without it suggesting me crap I don't have ripped to my local network?

Where did you install from? Even the AuraMOD maintained doesn't include Seren by default.
(2021-09-27, 23:29)itinerantmarshmallow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-15, 02:51)TheLastOfUs Wrote: [ -> ]So I like the Netflix-ness of the skin..but why on earth am I being shown movies that I don't have and all this stuff to stream with some premium account? I don't want those whatsoever - is there a way to get it to show my OWN library from paths as Netflix stuff without it suggesting me crap I don't have ripped to my local network?

Where did you install from? Even the AuraMOD maintained doesn't include Seren by default.
Yeah I can attest to this, AuraMod DOES NOT have Seren as a dependency(or import) in any of the files.
Where did you install this from?? Idc if you installed it, but if someone packaged in Seren and uploaded it somewhere that does upset me. Kodi already gets enough flack.

AuraMod DOES have "dependencies" like TmdbHelper which can show content you don't own, but it can't play anything without a source so maybe you're using something like that as a widget? That makes sense. You have to either use the playlists provided for you inside AuraMod, create your own and use those as widgets, or use skin helper widgets/autowidget or others as widgets and have them source from local only.