Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there any roadmap/plan for supporting HDR, DV, Dolby Atmos(E-AC3) features on Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's clearly on the subject. I love ATV4K stability. And you know via checkra1n this device always can be jailbroken. But Kodi19 aka Matrix can't play HDR, DV, and Some Dolby audios. There is paid app name is "Infuse" on AppStore and this app can play nearly everything! HDR, DolbyVision, and Dolby audios (exclude TruHd). So Infuse can do this why Kodi can't? Developers know these problems and work on these features? Or there is no idea about these features when will come or don't come.
nobody works on this at the moment and no roadmap / eta
(2021-08-15, 22:48)kambala Wrote: [ -> ]nobody works on this at the moment and no roadmap / eta

WTF? Nooooooooooooo!

Just finished getting Kodi set up on my 2021 AppleTV via the $25 annual subscription thing, pleased as punch at finally being able to ditch MrMC (long since put aside) and Infuse (great but it's not Kodi) and getting back to the real love of my playback life and now I have only just found out that it doesn't do HDR...arrrgggghhhhhhhhh  Sad

Being a fairly long-term user of Kodi I have a reasonable idea of the resource issues you guys face so I understand the limits you have in getting things done so no complaints from me.  But..........I am seriously gutted to say the least, it's like winning the lottery and then realising you forgot to buy a ticket!

Bugger.
(2021-09-19, 18:13)boris blank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-15, 22:48)kambala Wrote: [ -> ]nobody works on this at the moment and no roadmap / eta

WTF? Nooooooooooooo!

Just finished getting Kodi set up on my 2021 AppleTV via the $25 annual subscription thing, pleased as punch at finally being able to ditch MrMC (long since put aside) and Infuse (great but it's not Kodi) and getting back to the real love of my playback life and now I have only just found out that it doesn't do HDR...arrrgggghhhhhhhhh  Sad

Being a fairly long-term user of Kodi I have a reasonable idea of the resource issues you guys face so I understand the limits you have in getting things done so no complaints from me.  But..........I am seriously gutted to say the least, it's like winning the lottery and then realising you forgot to buy a ticket!

Bugger.

Kodi $25 subscription? Is this a genuine XBMC Foundation item or something someone has cobbled together?
(2021-09-19, 18:26)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-19, 18:13)boris blank Wrote: [ -> ]

WTF? Nooooooooooooo!

Bugger.

Kodi $25 subscription? Is this a genuine XBMC Foundation item or something someone has cobbled together?

Its a subscription to a 3rd party that allows you to get Kodi installed on the AppleTV without resorting to any jailbreaking or hardware mods.  No Mac required (at least at my end), all done via email.  I am an end-user, no other connection to the company.
(2021-09-19, 20:51)boris blank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-19, 18:26)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-19, 18:13)boris blank Wrote: [ -> ]WTF? Nooooooooooooo!

Just finished getting Kodi set up on my 2021 AppleTV via the $25 annual subscription thing, pleased as punch at finally being able to ditch MrMC (long since put aside) and Infuse (great but it's not Kodi) and getting back to the real lo ve of my playback life and now I have only just found out that it doesn't do HDR...arrrgggghhhhhhhhh  Sad

Bugger.

Its a subscription to a 3rd party that allows you to get Kodi installed on the AppleTV without resorting to any jailbreaking or hardware mods.  No Mac required (at least at my end), all done via email.  I am an end-user, no other connection to the company.

No mentioning any names, if it works and you have support, that is good news
(2021-09-19, 21:34)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-19, 20:51)boris blank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-19, 18:26)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi $25 subscription? Is this a genuine XBMC Foundation item or something someone has cobbled together?

No mentioning any names, if it works and you have support, that is good news
Works perfectly, support is only available for getting it onto the ATV, after that its just like any 'normal' Kodi version, gets updates etc!