Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can users create custom sort options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to be able to sort my videos by the last played date (descending).  Sometimes while browsing for something to watch, I would like to see the ones I haven't watched in a long time grouped together and choose from them.

Is it possible to mod a skin somehow to allow that?  I know I can do it with a smart playlist but that would be unwieldy as I would need a playlist for each genre and each playlist I already use.  I would need to create about 35 playlists to cover each scenario where I might want to view them with that sort method.  It would be much simpler if it were just a global sort method I can select from any listing I am viewing.
(2021-08-20, 19:37)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to be able to sort my videos by the last played date (descending).
You can do that from the left sideblade panel. Change the Sort Order.
I have my tv show library set to Last Played.
(2021-08-20, 20:52)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-20, 19:37)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to be able to sort my videos by the last played date (descending).
You can do that from the left sideblade panel. Change the Sort Order.
I have my tv show library set to Last Played.

I never checked it in TV Shows before, but it turns out that is an available sort option for TV Shows, but not for Movies.  At least on on my system.
(2021-08-20, 21:00)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]but it turns out that is an available sort option for TV Shows, but not for Movies.  At least on on my system.
You are right. I just checked my two setups and neither has Last Played as a sort option for Movies. I have no idea why it would be missing in Movies. I checked v18 and it is not there either.
Maybe @jjd-uk might have an idea?

I am assuming that means it's not something I can add via skin xml then, correct?
(2021-08-21, 14:47)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]I am assuming that means it's not something I can add via skin xml then, correct?

Yep, it has to be added to Kodi code, of course Kodi has to be (re)compiled after that.
(2021-08-21, 15:20)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-21, 14:47)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]I am assuming that means it's not something I can add via skin xml then, correct?

Yep, it has to be added to Kodi code, of course Kodi has to be (re)compiled after that.

Well, that's beyond my skill level.  I'll make a feature request.
PR raised... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20080