Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PLEX for KODI. Addon for Download Videos (Movie + Series)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Moin!
My first homemade Addon for Kodi (19).
If you want to watch video offline, now you can download the Videos from PLEX.
https://bit.ly/38n85Zd

It doesn't have to be your own Plex-Server. 
It doesn't have to be on the same network.
You can start multiple downloads at the same time. Nice for series.

Please try.
I'm not the best programmer. It's not the best solution.
But it works.
Hi,
after installing it, configured the destination downloader folder, how does it work?
just keep pressed "ok" / "enter", then settings
Firstly a thank you for this useful and straightforward addon

Secondly, any chance you could make a version that would work with the Plexmod addon? Details here

https://forums.plex.tv/t/plexmod-for-kod...-20/481208

Plexmod is working well on Kodi 19. For Kodi 20, unlike the official Plex addon, I think it will work eventually when 20.1 fixes some python issues.
(2023-02-09, 11:28)sonofdibnah Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly a thank you for this useful and straightforward addon

Secondly, any chance you could make a version that would work with the Plexmod addon? Details here

https://forums.plex.tv/t/plexmod-for-kod...-20/481208

Plexmod is working well on Kodi 19. For Kodi 20, unlike the official Plex addon, I think it will work eventually when 20.1 fixes some python issues.
Hi. sorry I haven't been here for a long time. Just read your request and got to work. Would like to change the service.py. And I'm not sure if the changed skins (episodes and pre_play) are ok?
https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/0ed766e9...1a9aa054f9
Plex-Downloader 
for PlexMod and Plex Connect

tested Kodi 20

-v0.3 Skin Update
script.plexdownloader.zip
https://c.web.de/@402771360369088492/EFd...hHgloRiewg
Thank you very much for this, You are a star in my book. I'll download and set it up when I get home.
I said this:

I've installed version 0.3 but I'm sorry to say it doesn't work for me on Kodi 20.1 with Plexmod version 0.5.1. The download icon that should appear in the "Plex screen" showing the content isn't there.

I tried version 0.2 and the "Plex screen" is amended by your script and I get the download icon.

Let me know if you need any other info.

AND THEN I updated from 0.2 to 0.3 and the download icon is there.
Hallo.
I could not confirm the error you described. Huh
There is also no difference between v0.2 and v0.3. Only the skin has an update for sound and subtitles.
Plex-Mod uses its own language pack.
v0.3:
v0.2:

In both versions is also the download button. 
I tested all download / update / install / delete variants. Everything worked.

Please try again. It's really crazy.  Eek
Maybe first deinstall? There is a maker ("ok") in addons\script.plexdownloader\resources. If the mark is there, no update will be made from the skin.
As I said. Update from v0.2 to v0.3 worked for me too. Kodi v20.1 win10/ Plex-Mod v0.5.1.

But I'm glad to hear that PLEX video download works. I couldn't test it properly myself. Only via my own Plex server.
Crazy indeed. I did a clean install of 0.3 on another box I have. No download icon and no OK in resources.

Downgraded to 0.2 - download icon there

Uninstalled 0.2 and installed 0.3 - download icon there!!!

As it works, I think we don't need to carry this on.

Thanks again for this great feature. Would you object if I linked to this in the plexmod thread on the Plex forum?
Hello. Of course you can link it.
Can you text a link from the Plex forums here for this?

I don't understand why you have this error?

When the script starts, it checks which version of Plex is available.

plexskin1 = xbmcvfs.translatePath("special://home/addons/script.plexdownloader/resources/skins/")
plexskin2 = xbmcvfs.translatePath("special://home/addons/script.plexmod/resources/skins/")
plexskin3 = xbmcvfs.translatePath("special://home/addons/script.plex/resources/skins/")

Folder 2 or 3 must exist, otherwise it will not copy the skin (2 pages) from folder 1. The script should run for both versions of Plex.
If you can't see any change after installing v0.3, then that means the script didn't find either folder. 
So it is important that Plex-Connect or Plex-Mod is installed first.
Or did you install both? - I removed the query whether one of the two versions is installed. Link to v0.3 is the same.
I had plexmod installed on both boxes before I started installing your downloader. The mystery remains.

That said, I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that I've successfully downloaded a TV show from my son's server.

I'll post a link on the plex forum now.
I've changed my mind and decided to ask the plexmod developer for permission before posting in his thread.
I'm fine with the threads referencing each other. I won't actively support this, as long as it adds features exclusive to PlexPass members, though (download without PlexPass from servers).
(2023-03-30, 14:03)pannal Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fine with the threads referencing each other. I won't actively support this, as long as it adds features exclusive to PlexPass members, though (download without PlexPass from servers).

Ok.  Nerd
I have the plexpass but there is still no such function under kodi. Huh
Pages: 1 2