Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FireTV: Kodi 18.9 no longer continuously repeats a single video in one folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated to Matrix 19.1 and didn't like a few things, so I reverted to Leia 18.9 using the Backup tool. But when I did this, I discovered that an important (to me) feature no longer worked as it did before. Before updating then reverting, if you had just a single video in a given folder, Kodi would repeat it forever, but now it won't repeat it at all -- it plays it once then no more.

In the System -> Settings -> Player -> Videos section, the "Play next video automatically" setting is enabled for all five video types. Nevertheless, it won't repeat a single file in a folder. If a folder contains multiple videos, it will play the next video until the last file in that folder has been played.

The guisettings.xml file for Confluence shows the correct setting: "<setting id="videoplayer.autoplaynextitem">0,1,2,3,4</setting>"

How can I correct this, please?  Thanks!
(2021-09-01, 19:45)kamby19 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I correct this, please?  Thanks!

Start any video playing and press <back> to go back to the list of videos.  Press <left> to open the sideblade menu and choose "Go to playlist".  Press <left> to show the options and change "Repeat Off" to "Repeat All".  Kodi will now repeat all videos in a directory until you change that setting again.  Note that this also applies to v19 & v20 as well as v18.
(2021-09-01, 20:11)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-01, 19:45)kamby19 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I correct this, please?  Thanks!

Start any video playing and press <back> to go back to the list of videos.  Press <left> to open the sideblade menu and choose "Go to playlist".  Press <left> to show the options and change "Repeat Off" to "Repeat All".  Kodi will now repeat all videos in a directory until you change that setting again.  Note that this also applies to v19 & v20 as well as v18.

Thanks for your quick response. Your solution worked! And it seems to be a permanent solution, as well. I set up two different folders containing a single video each, and when I tried the second folder, it worked as I wish without having to go through your procedure again.

I am extremely grateful for your help!
Oh, wise @black_eagle, your procedure worked perfectly until I installed Matrix. From then on, when I "press <back> to go back to the list of videos", and then "<left> to open the sideblade menu," Confluence gives me the option "Current Playlist", which I choose. But no matter what I try, the playlist contains only a single entry: the video I'm playing when I start this. I enable the "Repeat: All" option, but all that ever happens is to play the single video over and over again. I can navigate a bit and see all the videos in the current folder, but whenever I select "Current Playlist", once again the playlist has only the single video.

I tried uninstalling Matrix and re-installing Leia v18.9, but I see the same behavior, even though I emptied the cache and deleted all data in between installations. 

Do you have any possible fixes or troubleshooting steps I can try? This is driving me to try to pull out whatever few strands of hair left on my head!

Thank you!