Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screen mirror kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys and girls. I am new to the kodi world and i have a question. I have a raspberry pi 4 on which i am running libreelec 10.0.0 with kodi 19.1. I want to make like a streaming serve so i can enjoy my old movies on all my tv`s. Unfortunatly i have a samsung tv and a lg. The samsung runs tienzen os and the lg webos or something like that and i cant find anywhere a copatable kody for this tvs. So i was wondering if i could cast or screen mirror my pi on all my tvs. I managed to cast from my phone. I downloaded kodi on my phone, conected to my raspberry pi kodi and cast the images to my samsung and lg, but i want to eliminate the middle man, my phone, because it heats up and i would like to use my phone while i stream the movies. So is there any why i could do this? I want to add that i could not use other hdmi cables because i dont want wires laing around. thanks
There are no official Kodi (not Kody) apps for Tizen or WebOS. Screencasting via Kodi is A) not an option and B) would give far too much quality loss. Your phone may have specific casting software on it, Kodi has no such thing.

The only option would be if you would set up the RPi as a UPnP/DLNA server, so that your TV(s) can pick up your local videos that way.

In what way are you streaming your movies? Please note that we do have a piracy policy (wiki) here, which is part of our forum rules (wiki), and you have accepted those when registering onto our forum.
(2021-09-04, 09:59)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]There are no official Kodi (not Kody) apps for Tizen or WebOS. Screencasting via Kodi is A) not an option and B) would give far too much quality loss. Your phone may have specific casting software on it, Kodi has no such thing.

The only option would be if you would set up the RPi as a UPnP/DLNA server, so that your TV(s) can pick up your local videos that way.

In what way are you streaming your movies? Please note that we do have a piracy policy (wiki) here, which is part of our forum rules (wiki), and you have accepted those when registering onto our forum.
Old home movies that i have on external hdd, i don`t want to go from a tv to another with my hdd, i would like to link it with my pi and i could access it from every tv. i will look in to upnp/dlna servers, thanks
(2021-09-04, 12:23)user12345 Wrote: [ -> ]i would like to link it with my pi and i could access it from every tv

In that case, the only hope is that both your TVs support UPnP/DLNA in one way or another.