Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi v19 vs Kodi v16 & DTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I still use Kodi v16 on my "Fire TV Box" and am very satisfied... Especially since I don't like the design after v16.
Nevertheless, I think I should use a more up-to-date version - I'd like to - but that's where the trouble with Kodi starts.

With the 16 version I still have the option "dts passthrough" (as you can see in the photos it is not a mirage) everything that comes after that in versions on the part of Kodi, this option is missing - why?

You need to select Expert settings on the left I believe, then the passthrough options should show up.
Expert is on! _Only_ dolby is displayed
It was probably a workaround before because the Fire TV doesn't support DTS. Now we only support Android and not specific devices.
(2021-09-05, 17:58)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]It was probably a workaround before because the Fire TV doesn't support DTS. Now we only support Android and not specific different devices.
Yep, Amazon don't support it so there was a hacked workaround in very old versions of Kodi. These hacks caused too much work & were removed from Krypton onwards, when Kodi conformed to Android standards instead of workarounds.
(2021-09-05, 18:18)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-05, 17:58)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]It was probably a workaround before because the Fire TV doesn't support DTS. Now we only support Android and not specific different devices.
Yep, Amazon don't support it so there was a hacked workaround in very old versions of Kodi. These hacks caused too much work & were removed from Krypton onwards, when Kodi conformed to Android standards instead of workarounds.

Thank you very much.

So I guess I'll have to buy a new device - Nvidia Shield?