Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Record currently playing video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically the ability to record whatever Kodi is currently playing, regardless of source
Kodi has many different addons, most of which do not have a record function. Even if somewhat limited to recording only one thing at a time, it is still a significant advantage.
(2021-09-10, 20:19)NiQ1 Wrote: [ -> ]Even if somewhat limited to recording only one thing at a time, it is still a significant advantage.

Basically, you mean to ask "How can I record copyrighted material"?
(2021-09-10, 21:06)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-10, 20:19)NiQ1 Wrote: [ -> ]Even if somewhat limited to recording only one thing at a time, it is still a significant advantage.

Basically, you mean to ask "How can I record copyrighted material"?
In many countries recording a stream for private use is perfectly legal as long as you don't pass it to 3rd parties (I'm obviously not talking about streams that were illegal to begin with). This is not really different than a few decades ago when you could easily and legally record cable channels on VHS.
So the short answer is yes, I'd like to have the ability to save streams for later viewing.
Most PVR addons let you record, I think only Simple Client doesn't have the option. So you could use TV Headend, Next PVR etc.
Just making sure, the little amount of information in the opening post gives room for several interpretations.
I use simplescreenrecorder on linux to record zoom meetings. I don't see why it wouldn't work for Kodi as well? I'm sure there is screen recording software on Windows & Mac. that being said it would need to be playing to record obviously. Won't work in the background.