Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recommended Episodes Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had to reset one of my Kodi setups... this one ran flawless, where if I watched an episode from the second box the "Recommended Episodes" would update on the main Box to the next episode... After the reset of the main box the only way to update the "Recommended Episodes" widget is to exit Kodi and reload.... Just FYI any "Recent Added Episodes" works just fine in both boxes....

Is there a way to get the Recommended Episodes to force a refresh.....I even looked into the skin helpers configuration and enabled "Agressive Refresh" which this doesnt seem to work.... Not sure what could of changed when resetting up the original Kodi box...

Any ideas?

Z
(2021-09-16, 07:39)Zekeman Wrote: [ -> ]Had to reset one of my Kodi setups... this one ran flawless, where if I watched an episode from the second box the "Recommended Episodes" would update on the main Box to the next episode... After the reset of the main box the only way to update the "Recommended Episodes" widget is to exit Kodi and reload.... Just FYI any "Recent Added Episodes" works just fine in both boxes....

Is there a way to get the Recommended Episodes to force a refresh.....I even looked into the skin helpers configuration and enabled "Agressive Refresh" which this doesnt seem to work.... Not sure what could of changed when resetting up the original Kodi box...

Any ideas?

Z
(2021-09-16, 07:39)Zekeman Wrote: [ -> ]Had to reset one of my Kodi setups... this one ran flawless, where if I watched an episode from the second box the "Recommended Episodes" would update on the main Box to the next episode... After the reset of the main box the only way to update the "Recommended Episodes" widget is to exit Kodi and reload.... Just FYI any "Recent Added Episodes" works just fine in both boxes....

Any ideas?

Z
@Zekeman , my apologies, this does not seem to be a skin issue.  The Recommended Episodes widget comes from the service.skin.widgets addon (if you are using the default widget).  If you are using that one, please make sure you are using a version of the addon compatible with Matrix: https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...master.zip

If you are using "Recommended Episodes" from another addon, please verify the corresponding addon's settings.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-09-16, 21:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Any ideas?

Z
@Zekeman , my apologies, this does not seem to be a skin issue.  The Recommended Episodes widget comes from the service.skin.widgets addon (if you are using the default widget).  If you are using that one, please make sure you are using a version of the addon compatible with Matrix: https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...master.zip

If you are using "Recommended Episodes" from another addon, please verify the corresponding addon's settings.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano Thanks for the reply..... The one you supplied is failing due to a  python 2.0 dependency.....  I did originally have the python 3 version, and this did work.... I know you mentioned this isn't a  skin issue but is there a way to force amber to do a refresh of the widgets (even recommended) every few minutes to help alleviate the issue..  as  I said the episodes to update but that's after manually exiting Kodi and coming back in.... Also when I do use kodi from another source, it appears that the shelves flicker to try and update the new icons, they just don't, as per the aforementioned process of exiting... any ideas?
(2021-09-16, 22:18)Zekeman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-16, 21:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Any ideas?

Z

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano Thanks for the reply..... The one you supplied is failing due to a  python 2.0 dependency.....  I did originally have the python 3 version, and this did work.... I know you mentioned this isn't a  skin issue but is there a way to force amber to do a refresh of the widgets (even recommended) every few minutes to help alleviate the issue..  as  I said the episodes to update but that's after manually exiting Kodi and coming back in.... Also when I do use kodi from another source, it appears that the shelves flicker to try and update the new icons, they just don't, as per the aforementioned process of exiting... any ideas?
@Zekeman , my mistake, it is the python 3 version that you should be using.  And unfortunately, from the skin side I cannot do a refresh of the widgets every x minutes.

I am not sure what you mean by "use kodi from another source".

Regards,

Bart
(2021-09-16, 23:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-16, 22:18)Zekeman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-16, 21:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Zekeman , my apologies, this does not seem to be a skin issue.  The Recommended Episodes widget comes from the service.skin.widgets addon (if you are using the default widget).  If you are using that one, please make sure you are using a version of the addon compatible with Matrix: https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...master.zip

Regards,

Bart
@Zekeman , my mistake, it is the python 3 version that you should be using.  And unfortunately, from the skin side I cannot do a refresh of the widgets every x minutes.

I am not sure what you mean by "use kodi from another source".

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano   I'm sorry,  I guess that was vague...... I  have two shield boxes both with Kodi 19..1/Amber, if I watch a show from "Recommended"  it updates on the box it is played from but not to the other box with the same setup which is idle, In order to update those widgets on the other box to reflect the widgets I just played media from the other box, I have to shutdown Kodi and restart, my question was is there something to force Amber to do a refresh to those widgets periodically instead of shutting down and restarting Kodi?

UPDATE: Ok I saw that you said a refresh can't be done..... Im not sure what would be  causing this,  it was perfectly fine until I had to restart. The only thing that has changed is a new version of Amber, as the scott967 widgets has not changed from 0.33 since the original install...... that's why I was inclined to think its a Amber issue now, the only change is a new version of Amber.
(2021-09-16, 23:19)Zekeman Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: Ok I saw that you said a refresh can't be done..... Im not sure what would be  causing this,  it was perfectly fine until I had to restart. The only thing that has changed is a new version of Amber, as the scott967 widgets has not changed from 0.33 since the original install...... that's why I was inclined to think its a Amber issue now, the only change is a new version of Amber.

@Zekeman , I understand your logic here, but I have not changed anything in the widgets code that could be causing this.  Are you sure there have been no other changes in any addons? Including dependencies? I apologize I have not been able to be of more help in this issue.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-09-16, 23:28)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-16, 23:19)Zekeman Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: Ok I saw that you said a refresh can't be done..... Im not sure what would be  causing this,  it was perfectly fine until I had to restart. The only thing that has changed is a new version of Amber, as the scott967 widgets has not changed from 0.33 since the original install...... that's why I was inclined to think its a Amber issue now, the only change is a new version of Amber.

@Zekeman , I understand your logic here, but I have not changed anything in the widgets code that could be causing this.  Are you sure there have been no other changes in any addons? Including dependencies? I apologize I have not been able to be of more help in this issue.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano No, you have been helpful, by just replying.... I actually just uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled from scratch... the only install at this point were (Emby Addon, Amber, Skin Widget Service)... so nothing else should be hindering it....  I guess Ill have to just deal with it, not sure what went crazy for this to happen!