Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No longer showing pause OSD after update to kodi 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

After updating to Kodi 19 the osd does not show when I pause the video using my remote.
I've tried searching tons of options. Installed a skin mod. But all to no luck.
How can I get this function back?

Thanks!
Kevin
if by OSD you mean the screen that shows the Poster & Plot when you need the the action Info, if your remote is a MCE style remote the the Info button should be mapped by default to the action, if you've a more limited remote then you'll need to press OK then select the I button on the OSD menu or if you've any spare buttons not used when playing something you can map it to the Info action.
(2021-09-17, 18:31)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]if by OSD you mean the screen that shows the Poster & Plot when you need the the action Info, if your remote is a MCE style remote the the Info button should be mapped by default to the action, if you've a more limited remote then you'll need to press OK then select the I button on the OSD menu or if you've any spare buttons not used when playing something you can map it to the Info action.
I think I understand where speedykevin comes from, as I've the same problem. It's not that I cannot bring up the info if I pressed Info - that works a-ok. What I'd like is to be able to have the same behavior we had in v18 and earlier.

Namely, when pausing a video, I'd like to be able to set the Estuary OSD to show the same amount of information that v18 and v17 did, by default. Without pressing a button or moving the mouse.
The only way to do that is use this mod https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356349
(2021-09-20, 14:50)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]The only way to do that is use this mod https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356349

Exactly what I needed, thanks!
(2021-09-20, 14:23)boardlord Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-17, 18:31)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]if by OSD you mean the screen that shows the Poster & Plot when you need the the action Info, if your remote is a MCE style remote the the Info button should be mapped by default to the action, if you've a more limited remote then you'll need to press OK then select the I button on the OSD menu or if you've any spare buttons not used when playing something you can map it to the Info action.
I think I understand where speedykevin comes from, as I've the same problem. It's not that I cannot bring up the info if I pressed Info - that works a-ok. What I'd like is to be able to have the same behavior we had in v18 and earlier.

Namely, when pausing a video, I'd like to be able to set the Estuary OSD to show the same amount of information that v18 and v17 did, by default. Without pressing a button or moving the mouse.
Yes that's exactly what I ment. Guess I wasn't clear enough. Why did this behaviour change?
I'm gonna try installing the recommended mod. Thank you.
It was changed because it seemed the majority of people don't want the OSD intruding while video is paused, for example it would cover up subs or perhaps they have a plasma/oled screen and wish to minimise chances of burn in. It was therefore felt having a seekbar only overlay as we had with the previous default skin (Confluence) would be for the best, and having the full info accessed with a single button press.
I must admit, when I first read about this change and saw some screen shots, I wasn't that keen. 
But now it's here, I think it's much better than before and really like the feature.....I use it all the time.   Smile
(2021-09-22, 15:09)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]It was changed because it seemed the majority of people don't want the OSD intruding while video is paused, for example it would cover up subs or perhaps they have a plasma/oled screen and wish to minimise chances of burn in. It was therefore felt having a seekbar only overlay as we had with the previous default skin (Confluence) would be for the best, and having the full info accessed with a single button press.

That explains it. I'm not afraid of burn in on my LCD tv and I really liked the info. Thank you.
The recommended mod didn't do it for me, but I found a Estuary Mod V2 Matrix on a German website which did exactly what I want. Problem solved!
The mod I pointed to will do it, but you need to enable it via skin settings.
(2021-09-22, 15:31)speedykevin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-22, 15:09)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]It was changed because it seemed the majority of people don't want the OSD intruding while video is paused, for example it would cover up subs or perhaps they have a plasma/oled screen and wish to minimise chances of burn in. It was therefore felt having a seekbar only overlay as we had with the previous default skin (Confluence) would be for the best, and having the full info accessed with a single button press.

That explains it. I'm not afraid of burn in on my LCD tv and I really liked the info. Thank you.
The recommended mod didn't do it for me, but I found a Estuary Mod V2 Matrix on a German website which did exactly what I want. Problem solved!

You have to enable the option "seekbar on the bottom".