Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help me to bind keys in videoplayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I would like to change my "right key" to skip 3 seconds forward ( instead of 10 ) and "left key" 3 backwards.
Also would like to change playing speed, maybe "up key" 1.1x, 1.2x, 1.3x,... "down key" 0.9x. Didn´t find this feature.

Heard about creating note folder ,,advancedsettings.xml" in Programfiles/Kodi/userdata ... then I have to bind keys, found wiki but still bad at this, can you send me what to paste into this new created folder, please ?
Not sure if you found this yet Skip steps (wiki) and this should make key binds a lot easier Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki)
(2021-09-23, 22:47)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if you found this yet Skip steps (wiki) and this should make key binds a lot easier Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki)

This has nothing common what I asked for.
(2021-09-23, 23:24)PecaCZE Wrote: [ -> ]This has nothing common what I asked for.

It totally has and it is the right way to achieve what you want.
He´s talking about Skip steps feature, there is minimum 10 sec skip available, I need to customize it as I said.
I need to know how to create this notepad - how to bind keys as what I´ve found is a little confusing for me, I´ve tried but wasn´t sure what I´m doing as didn´t work.
Sorry
... this add-on is way of my knowledge, read a lot, didn´t work not sure how to do it properly :/
(2021-09-24, 19:11)PecaCZE Wrote: [ -> ]He´s talking about Skip steps feature, there is minimum 10 sec skip available, I need to customize it as I said.
I need to know how to create this notepad - how to bind keys as what I´ve found is a little confusing for me, I´ve tried but wasn´t sure what I´m doing as didn´t work.
Sorry
Man, if you don't read what team members suggests you read... it's on you.

Here, let me link directly to the chapter where it specifically explains how to customize skip steps: https://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps#Custom...tep_values

And here to further help you: https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#seeksteps

But please read. :-)