Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: scraping issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installed Kodi a while back and finally got done burning all the movies and tv shows I have on disk (whew).  However, I've noticed that some movies just don't scan/scrape.  Cannot figure out why.  Specifically, the following 7 movies:
  • Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Extended Edition - First 2 movies work with "part 1" "part 2" naming convention.  However, it's not picking up one of the disks here for the 3rd movie.
  • The Last Samurai
  • Blade: Trinity
  • Legally Blond 2
  • Star Wars Episode 3: Return of the Sith
  • Resident Evil
  • Underworld
I've tried various name changes without any success either (e.g. Legally Blond 2 (2003) versus Legally Blonde II (2003)).  

Uploaded my log file here:  Kodi Log File

Any help is appreciated.  Just not sure what I'm missing here.
A combination of issues.

Some are a naming issue. Go to TMDB, and paste this in the search box... Legally Blonde II
What comes up?

Your other issue is item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

Also ensure you have "Movies are in Separate folders that match the movie title" enabled

Apart from that, your setup seems pretty good from what I can see. Smile
I'm glad riped your dvd's and blurays into mkv and not into dvd and bluray folders.
(2021-09-28, 07:23)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]A combination of issues.

Some are a naming issue. Go to TMDB, and paste this in the search box... Legally Blonde II
What comes up?

Your other issue is item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

Also ensure you have "Movies are in Separate folders that match the movie title" enabled

Apart from that, your setup seems pretty good from what I can see. Smile
I'm glad riped your dvd's and blurays into mkv and not into dvd and bluray folders.

1d did solved all but 2 of my issues.  Appreciate that very much. 

The two lingering issues are: 
  • Legally Blonde 2 is coming up with this made for TV Movie, rather that the actual movie:  Legally Blonde
  • Star Wars Episode III is still not scraping as it should.
Thoughts?

I've upload a new log here:  New Log.
(2021-09-29, 21:27)SkippyTheBeerCan Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Legally Blonde 2 is coming up with this made for TV Movie, rather that the actual movie:  Legally Blonde
I can't see the problem with this as it is not scraped in your log.
Also don't refer to IMDB. The scrapers do not use IMDB.

(2021-09-29, 21:27)SkippyTheBeerCan Wrote: [ -> ]Star Wars Episode III is still not scraping as it should.
Public/VideoMedia/Movies/PG/Star Wars Episode III - Return of the Sith (2005)
That is not the name of the movie. Check again... https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1895-st...f-the-sith
Return Revenge
(2021-09-29, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-29, 21:27)SkippyTheBeerCan Wrote: [ -> ]
I can't see the problem with this as it is not scraped in your log.
Also don't refer to IMDB. The scrapers do not use IMDB.
(2021-09-29, 21:27)SkippyTheBeerCan Wrote: [ -> ]Star Wars Episode III is still not scraping as it should.
Public/VideoMedia/Movies/PG/Star Wars Episode III - Return of the Sith (2005)
That is not the name of the movie. Check again... https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1895-st...f-the-sith
Return Revenge

SMH.  Guess I'd been looking at it to long to notice the obvious.  Thank you.  

The link for the scraper also helped me solve the Legally Blonde issue.  Needed to say Legally Blonde 2 Red, White, & Blonde in the title, rather than just legally blonde 2.  

Greatly appreciate you help.  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Skippy
(2021-09-29, 21:50)SkippyTheBeerCan Wrote: [ -> ]Greatly appreciate you help. Thank you.
Great. Glad it is all working now. Enjoy!!

Thread marked solved.
(2021-09-29, 21:50)SkippyTheBeerCan Wrote: [ -> ]The link for the scraper also helped me solve the Legally Blonde issue.  Needed to say Legally Blonde 2 Red, White, & Blonde in the title, rather than just legally blonde 2.  
I would have thought Legally Blonde 2 would work, but looks like nobody has added that abbreviated name to the list...
Generally safest to use the title displayed on the page.