Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19 Nvidia Sheild pro TV Show Player process information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
Hopping I'm on the correct forum

I'm running kodi 19.1 on an Nvidia Shield TV pro with an android remote from ebay which has a few unused buttons

This Player_process_info wiki page suggests you can display detailed information about what your playing by pressing 0 BUT it only works in windows

I installed the Add-on:Keymap_Editor 

1. I couldn't find process info under any of the Keymap Editors menus
2. Only the Main keys on the remote registered a button press

Can the  Player process information be displayed on the shield?

If so how?
(2021-09-29, 09:58)GidyFish Wrote: [ -> ]by pressing 0
That looks like the number zero.
You need to use the letter o
And actually you can use an USB keyboard with Shield. I have a wireless keyboard with built-in touchpad, so even "mouse" works. It's very convenient if you have to write passwords or something. Works in any app.

I guess a bluetooth keyboard should work too, so you don't loose an usb port.

And, Player debug is available in the Keymap editor, it was the "Other" section if I remember correctly..
I use one of the buttons on my tv remote for this:

Keymap Editor is a GUI for configuring mappings for remotes, keyboard and other inputs supported by xbmc. Note: existing user defined key mappings will be removed.
To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within Kodi by going to:

The home screen
Add-ons
Download
Program Add-ons
Keymap Editor
Install

Fire up the keymap editor
Choose Edit
Choose Global
Choose Other
Choose Show codec info -
Choose Edit key
Press the button on the remote that you want to map to (you have 5 seconds to press)
Choose cancel 3 times
Choose Save
(2021-09-29, 10:07)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]That looks like the number zero.
You need to use the letter o

I saw that in the wiki there is not all the information to obtain these parameters, I managed to obtain all the information relating to the "o" key but I am missing some information obtainable with the "z" key, I would like to rebuild a panel where I put all this information in a single button, but with the XML code I can't get this information:

1. (720,576)->(1920,1080) = (Resolution of video)->(Output resolution) Reveals any upscaling or downscaling. The example shows upscaling by Kodi and our TV may further upscale. eg in this example a 4K TV will upscale from 1920x1080 to 3840x2160.

2. (Zoom x1.00) Reveals if any zoom has been applied

from the wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/Player_process_info

Is this information, available by pressing the "z" key, retrievable using the XML code or is it given via python code?
is there a way to retrieve them using XML code?

"(Resolution of video)" returns a different value than "Player.Process(videowidth)" and "Player.Process(videoheight)" (I don't know why) but I think it's more reliable and I would try to get this value together with the output resolution.

Thanks for your help
(2023-03-03, 00:41)Andrea1998 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this information, available by pressing the "z" key, retrievable using the XML code or is it given via python code?
is there a way to retrieve them using XML code?
I am sorry, but I don't know.
Maybe @scott967 might know or @Hitcher
https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#Player_labels

code:
Player.Process(AudioBitsPerSample) Bits per sample of the currently playing item
Player.Process(AudioChannels) Number of audiochannels of the currently playing item
Player.Process(AudioDecoder) Audiodecoder name of the currently playing item
Player.Process(AudioSamplerate) Samplerate f the currently playing item
Player.Process(DeintMethod) Deinterlace method of the currently playing video
Player.Process(PixFormat) Pixel format of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoDAR) Display aspect ratio of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoFPS) Video framerate of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoHeight) Height of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoDecoder) Videodecoder name of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoWidth) Width of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoScanType) The scan type identifier of the currently playing video p (for progressive) or i (for interlaced)
(2023-03-03, 02:06)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#Player_labels

code:
Player.Process(AudioBitsPerSample) Bits per sample of the currently playing item
Player.Process(AudioChannels) Number of audiochannels of the currently playing item
Player.Process(AudioDecoder) Audiodecoder name of the currently playing item
Player.Process(AudioSamplerate) Samplerate f the currently playing item
Player.Process(DeintMethod) Deinterlace method of the currently playing video
Player.Process(PixFormat) Pixel format of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoDAR) Display aspect ratio of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoFPS) Video framerate of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoHeight) Height of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoDecoder) Videodecoder name of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoWidth) Width of the currently playing video
Player.Process(VideoScanType) The scan type identifier of the currently playing video p (for progressive) or i (for interlaced)
I had already seen these in the wiki, but the one I asked for is not present, namely:
  1. (Zoom x1.00) Reveals if any zoom has been applied        (changes each time "z" is pressed)
  2. (Output resolution) Reveals any upscaling or downscaling.     (changes each time "z" is pressed)

in particular the second one, where it shows me the output resolution of the video which changes every time I resize the video, and so it's not: "Player.Process(videowidth)" and "Player.Process(videoheight)" but another parameter which is not present in the wiki.

It is important for Reveals any upscaling or downscaling of movie.

Which player.x (or other) corresponds to the output resolution, if you can have it in XML?

Thanks for your help