Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi repository Service addon naming convention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question for the Kodi team regarding the proper naming of a service type addon for the Kodi repository.  In this thread I have created a Matrix version of a service addon which stops paused playback and has a sleep timer function.    My question is what is the proper naming convention and root directory structure for this type of addon so I can publish to the repository ?   I looked here but wasn't sure there was an exact fit. 

The two names I've come up with are:

service.autostop
plugin.video.autostop

with the service.autostop being preferred. 

When I install from zipfile with either Kodi categorizes it as a service addon upon installation.  I presume this is due to the addon.xml file which looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon  id="plugin.video.autostop" name="Autostop" version="1.0.0.0" provider-name="[email protected]">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>
  </requires>    

<extension point="xbmc.service" start="startup"
               library="service.py">
        <provides>executable</provides>
  </extension>

<extension point="xbmc.python.library"
               library="utilities.py">
  </extension>

<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">

Since there is no section like this or similar:

<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"
               library="default.py">
        <provides>video audio image</provides>
  </extension>

So my question is what is the Kodi preferred naming convention for this type of addon prior to submitting to the Kodi repository.  The full addon code can be found here.  This is a prerelease version which will get updated once I know the proper naming.

Thanks,

Jeff