Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Beef replacement for v19?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was wondering if there were a replacement for ArtworkBeef that works in v19 that has some of the same functionality.

My use case:
  1. Kodi on NVIDIA SHIELD 2019
  2. PlexKodiConnect (PKC) using direct paths to a Plex docker (e.g., smb://servername/Ghostbusters/Ghostbusters.mkv)

My main issue is that PKC doesn't transfer additional artwork so that Kodi can see it (such as logos). ArtworkBeef used to be able to use local files and populate all of the "extra" artwork (logo, characterart, banner, etc.) to Kodi. Since ArtworkBeef is no longer v19 compatible, I'm looking for another solution.

Kodi v19 doesn't natively support the smb paths that PKC must populate for the directory, so it can't see the extra artwork.

Does anyone have a suggestion or know of another plugin that solves this issue?
Artwork Dump is the Matrix successor to AB.

Most of what AB did for Leia has been built into Matrix via advancedsettings.xml (wiki) entries, and the remainder is in AD. See here for more details of AD vs AB.

Alternatively there's Artwork Downloader, and there's also a fork of AB for Matrix (via GitHub repo, down near the bottom of the list), but it's not the officially supported version so use at your own risk.

Edited to correct - the settings are now in the GUI/skin in Matrix, the AS.xml settings are only for Leia. See thie wiki for details.
@DarrenHill Thanks so much for the suggestion of the fork of AB for Matrix.

I changed the advancedsettings.xml and reloaded and it didn't work, but the forked AB did it for me.
Thread marked solved.
Just for completeness, talking it through with the team, those advanced settings have been migrated into the GUI (see here for details) and the AS.xml settings are only for Leia v18.

If they are present in your AS, they should be migrated to the GUI settings on first run, but they may need to be set manually if you're coming in cold to it on a v19 set-up.

Anyway if the AB fork is doing what you need, then all is good...