Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19 nightly on retail mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2021-10-05, 15:36)Chris6899 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-05, 15:14)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-05, 15:07)Chris6899 Wrote: [ -> ]It is legal to view streams coming from a 3rd party source

Where did you get that idea from?

The fact that I have been viewing the content for over a decade now and nobody has been intouch with me, if it was illegal I'd been taken to court by now.

There's millions and millions of people even police officers stream TV series and films through apps like kodi.
That's because it's easier for them to after the providers such as this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi...m-58598362

Just because they usually do not bother trying to trace the users does not make it legal.
If we condone and promote piracy, they will take justified legal action and shut us down.

We are not prepared to risk that, so anyone using Kodi for such usage is on their own.

And the fact that you haven't been caught or prosecuted for doing something doesn't make it legal, nor does ignorance, either willfully so or otherwise.
You may personally feel you can take the risks (both of being caught, and also for the other risks like malware and suchlike), but that is your own personal choice and not something we will be complicit with.
(2021-10-05, 15:36)Chris6899 Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that I have been viewing the content for over a decade now and nobody has been intouch with me, if it was illegal I'd been taken to court by now.

Because you haven't been caught doesn't make it legal.
(2021-10-05, 16:10)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-05, 15:36)Chris6899 Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that I have been viewing the content for over a decade now and nobody has been intouch with me, if it was illegal I'd been taken to court by now.

Because you haven't been caught doesn't make it legal.

Its not illegal how I view content on kodi because Im a viewer I don't provide the links and don't use torrents, the people that provide the content they are the ones to blame and face legal action, its like when people stream a boxing match to YouTube or other sites, do the viewers face legal action? No, the YouTube video gets removed and channel gets a copyright strike.
You have the right to use Kodi locally on your devices exactly how you wish.

But equally we have the right as to what we support, and what we allow here. Our choice on that is we do not support piracy, nor do we support any device which makes use of any debrid site. That piracy policy (wiki) will not change, and you agreed to abide by it in relation to official Kodi sites and support when you signed up here.

And in many juristictions your comment about being the consumer is incorrect. Numerous nasty letters sent to users via their ISPs from entities like the MPAA and FACT attest to that. The method used (torrent vs file locker sites etc) is immaterial.
(2021-10-05, 14:32)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi is for playing back media that you legally have access to, whether that is your personal rips of DVD's, Blu-ray etc, free streaming services, or paid serivces from someone who has legal distribution rights. Anything distributed via Real Debrid is not legally obtained content.
You are wrong about anything distributed via real debrid is not legally obtained content i use alldebrid for their folder integration with my legal files it makes viewing my files from anywhere im at an ease
Then you can thank the 99% of other users of that service who do use it for piracy for the utter lack of support for it here..

Our policy is we want absolutely nothing to do with it, nor any device which is used to access it for whatever reason, as any support offered here could equally be used by them for actions which tarnish and harm our brand and reputation.
Pages: 1 2