Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: More playback speed options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

This is by no means pressing, but as the subject suggests, I wonder if more folks other than just myself would like to see more in the way of playback speed control. Not that Kodi needs to mirror HTML5, but just to use that as an example; one can adjust playback speed anywhere from .07x (which is a bit overkill but hey, I'm sure there's a use case) to 16x.

Like I said, not at all urgent, I just wanted to toss some seeds around to see if they take root.

Side note, thank you Kodi devs and community members for creating something truly special. Kodi stands as a shining example of what can be accomplished with open sourced software/licensing, etc.
I'll be sure to do my part when it comes to watching out for anyone (mis)using Kodi's good name so that they may profit and/or defraud at its expense. Conversely, these kinds of people are a shining example of what's wrong with the world / what a P.O.S. looks like.

Cheers

PS - my forum searching turned up some hits for "playback speed" but none of them specific to my request but I apologize if I didn't dig deep enough
I guess newbies can't edit posts, which makes sense for a forum as large as this one...

Pretend after "Hey all," I said:

"Long time user, first time forum poster"

Because I never call into radio shows, probably because I don't listen to any that do that sort of thing, so I'll likely never get a chance to say "long time listener, first time caller"

That is all :-)
You don't specifiy exactly what you want to see.

Kodi already has a playback speed control between that goes between x0.8 and x2.0 to provide slowed down/sped up video playback with audio.

Kodi also has a Fast Forward control that goes up to x32.