Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I use TheTVDB as a movie scraper?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to scrape "Louis Feuillade's Fantomas - the Complete Saga".  This is a 5-film series which appears in both TheTVDB and TheMovieDB as a single item.  TheMovieDB has a couple of the individual films separately listed.  TheTVDB has the a single item for this with no listed content, plus the 5 movies as separate entries flagged as Movies.  Scraping this as a TV show produces nothing useful and I cannot find a way to persuade kodi to install TheTVDB as a movie scraper.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
(2021-10-09, 23:08)leng Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot find a way to persuade kodi to install TheTVDB as a movie scraper
There is no movie scraper for TVDB. (yet)
TVDB are creating one, but it is a while before it will be released.
Both TMDB and TVDB now contain both movies and TV shows (series), and to access each type needs a different scraper.

If you look in the repos, you'll see there are TMDB scrapers for both movies and series, but there is only a scraper for series for TVDB - no movie one.

So TVDB can only be used to scrape TV shows, but TMDB can be used to scrape either (if you have both of the scrapers installed, one for each genre). You can't use a movie scraper to scrape tv shows and vice-versa.

Note that the TVDB are currently in the process of releasing a new API version, for which they are also writing new scrapers. So it may be that they will provide scrapers for both genre of media, but for now all we have is tv shows/series for them.
(2021-10-09, 23:14)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-09, 23:08)leng Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot find a way to persuade kodi to install TheTVDB as a movie scraper
There is no movie scraper for TVDB. (yet)
TVDB are creating one, but it is a while before it will be released.
Thanks for the prompt replies.  I've now taken a different approach and added The Universal Movie Scraper.  This appears to have successfully scraped all the movies.  The only slight problem is that it has recorded all the titles in French.  However, the actual show info is in English so I can manually edit the titles.