Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi stutter on a Zappiti player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, looking for advice here.

I have a newly bought zappiti player, and installed the kodi software on it.
We can't help but notice that the kodi player has jittery playback, whereas the same file on the native zappiti video player does not.

We already have set the zappiti resolution to auto / 1080p 24hz (does not make a difference).

Kodi software states that the tv is 1080 p 60hz.

Also have tried to set "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" and the "sync playback to display" to on (some improvements but problem not completely gone, sometimes audio gets delayed or played slower with certain files)

Anybody on here that has had the same issues and managed to fix them ?
Hardware Acceleration disabled maybe?
(2021-10-17, 01:59)scv1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hardware Acceleration disabled maybe?

To set it to disabled, or if it has been sit to disabled already ? I'll try either later today.
Sorry, I meant is it disabled on your system?  A Pi I have in my workshop for how-to youtube stuff acts like you're describing if HW Acceleration is disabled.
(2021-10-17, 15:44)scv1 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I meant is it disabled on your system?  A Pi I have in my workshop for how-to youtube stuff acts like you're describing if HW Acceleration is disabled.

Enabled.
Of I set the zappiti display output to 1080p 24 hz I get the best results.
Display settings in the settings/system section states
Resolution 1920x1080 p, the whitelist has the same value and only has that one.
I disabled 3:2 pulldown but enabled double frequency.

Hope this helps ?
straight from zappiti helpdesk

"Unfortunately Kodi is not optimized for video playback using the chipset Reatlek RTD1295DD. So the picture quality is very poor and jittery. Only the apps Zappiti Explorer, Zappiti Video and Media Browser are using the hardware video decoding. "

Is there an earlier version of kodi that would be better suited to this chipset ?
(2021-10-18, 11:10)nessler Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an earlier version of kodi that would be better suited to this chipset ?

Kodi play is not directly based on chipsets, it uses ffmpeg for its video engine. I also don't see Zappiti advertising the possibilities or promises for Kodi to be used on their devices, so I guess you're stuck with the onboard player. Assuming they have some Android build on their devices (I couldn't find out what they use), but Kodi uses the official Android API set. But... manufactorers like Zappiti can always add their own instructions layer, which is outside Kodi's reach.
As far as I could find they use android 6