Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UI font no readable after period of time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for some help toubleshooting a UI font "glitching" issue that I've been having since Leia (at least the last two Leia versions) that didn't resolve with my recent update to v19.1.

Linux distribution: LibreELEC  (v10.0.0, kernel 5.10.47, Kodi v19.1)
kodi.log awupawojem.kodi (paste)
hardware: Intel® Celeron® G4900 CPU @ 3.10GHz, memory: 16gb, Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 610 (opengl 4.6)

After a random amount of time, my font renderings change (see images). This can be minutes or hours. It affects both my primary kodi system (log and specs provided) but also my LibreELEC RPi installation (not at the same time, but each glitch randomly after a period of time.

I have many of these warnings in my log:

2021-10-17 09:46:59.531 T:841   WARNING <general>: CGLContextEGL::SwapBuffers: last msc time greater than interval

Here are the changes I see:

Normal vs "glitched" font on menu.

If I reload the skin, restart Kodi, or reboot, the issue resolves temporarily. This issue occurs on several skins Arctic: Zephyr - Leia Mod, Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded, Amber, etc. I'm not sure if it is related to the use of custom menu items.

My work-around is currently mapping a key on my remote to "ReloadSkin()." Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.