Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Specific HLS plays on browser, but not on Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a specific .m3u8 that is not working in Kodi despite playing in browser. At first it was receiving 403 error, so I set up the needed headers (url.m3u8|Referer=...|User-Agent=...) and this is no longer a problem, but yet the stream still doesn't play.

Log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/fohogagihe.kodi

I removed the URL because I don't know if it's allowed to paste it here, but the page is public, if it's OK I can share it.

Inspecting in browser where the video plays just fine, there's nothing special about this streaming despite needing specific Referer. I don't know which User-Agent Kodi uses by default, but I also had to set basic browser User-Agent to prevent forbidden error (403).

The file is a master m3u8 pointing do playlists with different qualities (bandwidths), each one pointing to partial .ts files with 5s of duration. The streaming is not encrypted, there's no needed cookie, nothing. All the files (playlists and video segments) use the same host and requires the same rule of Referer and User-Agent.

Similar HLS from other websites plays fine, even those who also need specific headers.
Right. I got it. I was doing it wrong. Headers must be separated by comma, not by '|'. So it's

url.m3u8|Referer=...&User-Agent=...

Now it's working.
(2021-10-24, 01:15)pintassilgo Wrote: [ -> ]Headers must be separated by comma

By '&', of course.