Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
"unfortunately" my epson projector is frame-packed.
Anyone know if using win10 1809 would fix this issue for sure because I could pull that off?  Or, is my problem deeper than that?
It does for me, although I cannot say for certain for your setup. I have not tried newer Windows versions for the last few MVC builds.
(2022-03-28, 18:44)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]Symptoms:
When I start a 3D movie (without glasses) it seems like its playing in 2D.  When I put the glasses on, the left eye seems very dark, if not black.  The right eye is 2D.

Specifics:
All 3D movies (frame-packed) have been ripped to the hard drive with MakeMKV (movie only).  Back in the day I used to be able watch 3D movies perfectly with the old Kodi.  I was very happy to see this fork.

System:
Windows 10 version 21H1
Chip: Intel i3 9100 w/ 630 graphics (9th gen)
Driver: 26.20.100.7642
Kodi 19.4 

Settings:
Full Screen (non-windowed)
3D MVC HW support tested from 20->5
When movie starts it does flash "stereoscopic mode hardware based"

Am I a lost cause or do I have to start understanding my receiver and/or HDMI cables?

Maybe @udobroemme is right. I would start by taking kodi out of the equation and test systematically.
1) when kodi is closed, enabling 3D display on the windows display settings dialog enables 3d mode in your epson (does it switch to 3d cinema or 3d dynamic?) and you can see the windows desktop with the glasses with both eyes? If yes goto question 2, if no, OU mode is only what you can get with that system...
2) this means that the issue is with kodi.
2.1) did you make a clean install of this fork? or did you upgrade an existing installation? Kodi upgrade does not work correctly with forks
2.2) when you play and see on eye only, click on "o" on the keyboard during play. Does it say something like "sdk mvc"? If no it means that ffmpeg is somehow broken which emphasizes bad install scenario or that the driver does not support intelmediasdk which can happen when using Microsoft's bundled gpu driver instead of intel's driver.
2.3) set the mvc hw compatibility to 4 and climb from there. Playback stop is crucial between attempts.

My system is a simple apollolake celeron with uhd600 with win11 and latest intel gpu driver which i got from intel's driver manager.
I was able to reproduce the flipped eyes issue with the hobbit bluray disc. So i'll squash that bug when i get the chance. Cool
(2022-03-29, 20:32)damagedspline Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-03-28, 18:44)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]Symptoms:
When I start a 3D movie (without glasses) it seems like its playing in 2D.  When I put the glasses on, the left eye seems very dark, if not black.  The right eye is 2D.

Specifics:
All 3D movies (frame-packed) have been ripped to the hard drive with MakeMKV (movie only).  Back in the day I used to be able watch 3D movies perfectly with the old Kodi.  I was very happy to see this fork.

System:
Windows 10 version 21H1
Chip: Intel i3 9100 w/ 630 graphics (9th gen)
Driver: 26.20.100.7642
Kodi 19.4 

Settings:
Full Screen (non-windowed)
3D MVC HW support tested from 20->5
When movie starts it does flash "stereoscopic mode hardware based"

Am I a lost cause or do I have to start understanding my receiver and/or HDMI cables?

Maybe @udobroemme is right. I would start by taking kodi out of the equation and test systematically.
1) when kodi is closed, enabling 3D display on the windows display settings dialog enables 3d mode in your epson (does it switch to 3d cinema or 3d dynamic?) and you can see the windows desktop with the glasses with both eyes? If yes goto question 2, if no, OU mode is only what you can get with that system...
2) this means that the issue is with kodi.
2.1) did you make a clean install of this fork? or did you upgrade an existing installation? Kodi upgrade does not work correctly with forks
2.2) when you play and see on eye only, click on "o" on the keyboard during play. Does it say something like "sdk mvc"? If no it means that ffmpeg is somehow broken which emphasizes bad install scenario or that the driver does not support intelmediasdk which can happen when using Microsoft's bundled gpu driver instead of intel's driver.
2.3) set the mvc hw compatibility to 4 and climb from there. Playback stop is crucial between attempts.

My system is a simple apollolake celeron with uhd600 with win11 and latest intel gpu driver which i got from intel's driver manager.

Yippee, the forum is back!

1) Yes, I can and have invoked 3d with the windows slider (w/o Kodi)
2) This could be the issue. I installed this fork directly over regular Kodi.  Obviously a NONO.  I will uninstall Kodi and then reinstall this fork.  Is there any part of the current Kodi (settings) that I can save and re-copy to avoid having to set everything up again?

When I get a chance I will try this and report back.
(2022-03-29, 22:50)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]Yippee, the forum is back!

1) Yes, I can and have invoked 3d with the windows slider (w/o Kodi)
2) This could be the issue. I installed this fork directly over regular Kodi.  Obviously a NONO.  I will uninstall Kodi and then reinstall this fork.  Is there any part of the current Kodi (settings) that I can save and re-copy to avoid having to set everything up again?

When I get a chance I will try this and report back.

You don't have to remove your settings when uninstalling kodi, this fork is compatible with the settings of the same release version so 19.4 settings are compatible to the forks 19.4 build settings.
What I've done:
Uninstalled Kodi 19.4 and but kept settings (formerly installed on top of regular Kodi)
Installed Kodi 19.4
Updated Intel driver to 30.0.101.1631 (directly from Intel)

Tested:
Windows 3D slider in off position (no 3D)

Windows 3d slider in on position  (turned back off after photo)

Kodi Settings Page 1

Kodi Settings Page 2

Kodi Settings Page 3 (have tried every setting 4->20)

Upon Movie start you can see it reports Hardware based 3D mode

Movie starts and you can see it is in 2D.  Actually, this is not true.  It is 3D but the left eye is black, so it appears 2d.

The projector also throws the warning that you are about to watch 3D when the movie starts.  I have this feature turned on for testing.

I can only conclude that 19.4 MVC does not work for me with the specs cited previously.  Any chance of advice or fix?
Here is the result of pressing "O" while playing.
Looks good to me.
The images in your last two posts are broken and when I klick on them I land on a Google login page...
Sorry about that, here is a repost with sharable links.  If this doesn't work, let me know.  Thanks.

What I've done:
Uninstalled Kodi 19.4 and but kept settings (formerly installed on top of regular Kodi)
Installed Kodi 19.4
Updated Intel driver to 30.0.101.1631 (directly from Intel)

Tested:
Windows 3D slider in off position (no 3D)
Windows 3d slider in on position  (turned back off after photo)
Kodi Settings Page 1
Kodi Settings Page 2
Kodi Settings Page 3 (have tried every setting 4->20)
Upon Movie start you can see it reports Hardware based 3D mode
Movie starts and you can see it is in 2D.  Actually, this is not true.  It is 3D but the left eye is black, so it appears 2d.

The projector also throws the warning that you are about to watch 3D when the movie starts.  I have this feature turned on for testing.

I can only conclude that 19.4 MVC does not work for me with the specs cited previously.  Any chance of advice or fix?

Here is the result of pressing "O" while playing.
Looks good to me.
(2022-04-07, 20:00)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about that, here is a repost with sharable links.  If this doesn't work, let me know.  Thanks.

Yes, everything looks good, but you are using Intel UHD630 which I dont have so I cant test... Can you please try MVC decoder level to 24 and 27 and see if it resolves the issue?
The issue you encounter is coming from intel media sdk which decodes the movie for Stereoscopic, but your system seems to be able to properly handle full3D display.
Which file format are you using?
Can you please try SBS or HTAB file and see if it upscales correctly to hardware based display?
I have UHD630 graphics and it is working.
(2022-04-08, 10:43)Krobar Wrote: [ -> ]I have UHD630 graphics and it is working.
Which MVC decoder level are you using?
(2022-04-08, 11:28)damagedspline Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-08, 10:43)Krobar Wrote: [ -> ]I have UHD630 graphics and it is working.
Which MVC decoder level are you using?

20 (Default I think).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29