Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2022-04-08, 06:41)damagedspline Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-07, 20:00)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about that, here is a repost with sharable links.  If this doesn't work, let me know.  Thanks.

Yes, everything looks good, but you are using Intel UHD630 which I dont have so I cant test... Can you please try MVC decoder level to 24 and 27 and see if it resolves the issue?
The issue you encounter is coming from intel media sdk which decodes the movie for Stereoscopic, but your system seems to be able to properly handle full3D display.
Which file format are you using?
Can you please try SBS or HTAB file and see if it upscales correctly to hardware based display?
I can watch full 3d on this system.  With this mobo, processor, projector, OS (Win10) and these exact files (including DMFM) I used to watch full 3d back when regular Kodi could do such things.  Obviously, the Windows version and the graphics driver have been updated.

To avoid the question, I also tried 3 or 4 other full 3D movie files with the same results.

File format is ripped mvc title via Make MKV (movie only).  Ripped multiple years ago.

I will test 24-27 settings and TAB option when I get a chance and report results although I'm not sure what the projector will do with such a setting (TAB).
(2022-04-08, 10:43)Krobar Wrote: [ -> ]I have UHD630 graphics and it is working.

What driver and what Windows version do you have?
(2022-04-08, 15:37)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-08, 10:43)Krobar Wrote: [ -> ]I have UHD630 graphics and it is working.

What driver and what Windows version do you have?

Windows 1909 / 18363.1500
Intel Display Driver: 30.0.100.9862

I have not upgraded Windows as newer versions do not work to auto switch on 3D for me (Have not tried current Windows with newer builds so it might be fixed by now).
I'll add some wisdom back to this forum that others may not know.

Besides a full 3D projector in the theater, I also have a 56" 3D LGTV with passive glasses in a regular room.  I also have a 30TB server, so storage is not an issue.

After I rip the full 3D movies using Makemkv, I have a folder that has a bunch of full frame 3D .mkv files.

I then load each of those files into BD3D2MK3D (located here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/BD3D2MK3D ).  After BD3D2MK3D processes each file you end up with a half 3D (I use TAB) file for each of the 3D movies.  These versions are stored in a separate folder.  

The advantage is that anything can properly play these files (regular Kodi included) and then the TV engineers the on-screen 3D image. I do have to manually enable and disable 3D because the TV does not properly recognize the files.  It thinks these are regular Blu-ray movies.  Such is life.

In the past 2-3 years, I have only been able to watch these 3D movies in TAB on a small TV in an inconvenient room.  I would love this fork to succeed because 3D in 120" in a theater is far better.
(2022-04-08, 16:56)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]I'll add some wisdom back to this forum that others may not know.

Can you please restart kodi, enable log in kodi settings->system->log (most bottom i. Expert mode), play full 3D and upload the generated log (found as %appdata%\Kodi\kodi.log)?
Yes, I will do that as soon as I get a chance.

To Do List:
test 24-27 settings
try TAB setting
upload kodi log.
To Do list completed:
24-27
None of these settings worked

TAB
It did what it was supposed to do, unfortunately not good for me.

Kodi Log
I don't see a "file attach" on this forum, so,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fs5abP_...sp=sharing
(2022-04-08, 18:50)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]To Do list completed:
24-27

TAB

Kodi Log

I see this in the log:
Quote:[email protected]

If the movie is indeed in such high fps then you cant do auto upscale to full 3D.

Explanation:
If this is video is half resolution 3D file and you want to upscale it to full 3D hardware based, it must be in an fps which match a supported 3d resolution by the display otherwise you can't do audio passthrough.
If most of your 3d content is spread across various 3d format (sbs, htab and full3d) , i would advice disabling the auto 3d upscale by selecting "same as movie" and not HW based and manually enable it in the display on demand.

Your display most likely supports only 23.97, 24, 25 and maybe also 60 fps of hw based full 3d. Doubling fps is not supported when audio passthrough is enabled.
@damagedspline: You stated in your initial posting release notes the the fullscreen bug is fixed with your 19.3 build 3 release. For me this seems not to be the case. I still have to use the over/under workaround (which is fine for me). I just wanted to mention this because rbmcgees problems sound very similar to my observations.
(2022-04-09, 11:18)damagedspline Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-08, 18:50)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]To Do list completed:
24-27

TAB

Kodi Log

I see this in the log:
Quote:[email protected]

If the movie is indeed in such high fps then you cant do auto upscale to full 3D.

Explanation:
If this is video is half resolution 3D file and you want to upscale it to full 3D hardware based, it must be in an fps which match a supported 3d resolution by the display otherwise you can't do audio passthrough.
If most of your 3d content is spread across various 3d format (sbs, htab and full3d) , i would advice disabling the auto 3d upscale by selecting "same as movie" and not HW based and manually enable it in the display on demand.

Your display most likely supports only 23.97, 24, 25 and maybe also 60 fps of hw based full 3d. Doubling fps is not supported when audio passthrough is enabled.
I do not understand your post at all.

This disk is [email protected] frame-packed.  The rip is [email protected] is frame-packed.  The "O" information shows [email protected].  What the projector is receiving is 1920x1080@24 frame-packed.

As my photo of my Kodi settings page 2 clearly shows, the 3D method is and has always been "same as movie". Forget I ever mentioned I also have copies of TAB versions.  They are not played on this system, they are simply housed on the same server.  The only reason I tried TAB of a full frame movie with a full frame projector is because you suggested I try that for some reason.

1920x1080@59 is valid option and I do use it for HD shows recorded off TV but it should have nothing to do with this exercise.

Need to look elsewhere for the problem.
Sorry here is a photo of what the projector is receiving.
Sorry, here is the photo of what the projector is receiving.

Double post, sorry
(2022-04-09, 14:41)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]I do not understand your post at all.

This disk is [email protected] frame-packed.  The rip is [email protected] is frame-packed.  The "O" information shows [email protected].  What the projector is receiving is 1920x1080@24 frame-packed.

As my photo of my Kodi settings page 2 clearly shows, the 3D method is and has always been "same as movie". Forget I ever mentioned I also have copies of TAB versions.  They are not played on this system, they are simply housed on the same server.  The only reason I tried TAB of a full frame movie with a full frame projector is because you suggested I try that for some reason.

1920x1080@59 is valid option and I do use it for HD shows recorded off TV but it should have nothing to do with this exercise.

Need to look elsewhere for the problem.
My bad, i analyzed the wrong part of the log (a different movie)...
Please try the old way:
  • in kodi disable "auto control windows 3d" and select Stereoscopic same as movie
  • close kodi(!)
  • Enable 3d in windows display settings
  • start kodi and play 3d movie

Please let me know if it works.
I followed your directions and got exactly what I got before (a seemingly 2d image but in fact a 3d image)

To summarize:
1) No doubt about it, the source is a ripped 1920x1080@23+ full 3D source (no copy protection to possibly screw with anything).  For proof, you're going to have to trust me on this one.
2) Kodi believes the source is 3D and properly invokes Windows 3D setting and uses the intel graphics engine for acceleration.  For proof, see one of the previous photos.
3) Kodi believes it is showing a 1920x1080@23+ 3D movie.  For proof see the photo when pressing "O".
4) The projector believes it is receiving a frame-packed 3D 1920x1080@23+ image  For proof, see one of the previous photos.
5) By looking at the movie without the glasses, it appears 2D.  For proof, see one of the previous photos.
6) By looking at the movie through the glasses, you can see it is a frame-packed 3D image because the right eye has video and the left eye is black.  For proof, you're going to have to trust me on this one.

All of the photos are actual photographs of the screen and not snips or captures.

I don't understand coding, but somewhere within the software the left-side video plane is not getting properly transmitted to the graphics engine.  Perhaps it is getting properly transmitted but the graphics driver is fumbling the ball.  I've now tried 2 different drivers to the exact same effect.

I am stumped how some people seem to have success with the following specs:

Kodi 3D fork 19.4
Frame-packed full 3D source
Frame-packed full 3D display

That I cannot explain.
Above all, please realize with...

These exact 3D movie rip files
This HTPC
This A/V receiver
These HDMI cables
This projector

...I've watched all my 3D movies (including Dial M for Murder) in full 3D back when regular Kodi could do such things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29