Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
UHD630 does work for example but only on an HDMI 1.4 port, if the port is HDMI 2.0 3D wont work. Intel 11th Gen and above has native HDMI 2.0 and works with 3D AFAIK.
(2022-04-20, 21:29)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I assume anything integrated graphics supporting Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology should work right? On Intel's site, the newer h/w don't even have a yes/no row for this. For example, Intel® UHD Graphics 600. Assume 3D isn't supported for these.
All of the Intel GPUs that are support ed by IntelMediaSDK can decode MVC - Last time I updated it was to version 1.34 which is from late 2020. Maybe I should update it to the latest version (1.35.1). 

From 1.34 release notes:
  • Intel Xe discrete graphics will be referred to as "DG1" and "SG1"
  • 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors will be referred to as “Tigerlake”
  • 10th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors will be referred to as “Icelake”
  • 8th and 9th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors will be referred to as “Coffeelake”
  • 7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors will be referred to as “Kabylake”
  • Intel® Xeon® E3-1200/1500 v5 Family and 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors will be referred to as “Skylake”
  • Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v4 Family and 5th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors will be referred to as “Broadwell”
  • Intel® Celeron® and Pentuim® processors codenamed "Apollo Lake I" will be referred to as “Apollo Lake”
Older CPU/GPU are supported by tweaking the MFX supported level in Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Video settings.

Basically:
Quote:Samples and dispatcher supported by Windows Intel® graphics driver since TBD (API 1.32 supported by Windows Intel® graphics driver since 26.20.100.8141).
Samples and dispatcher API 1.35 supported by Windows Intel® graphics driver since 27.20.100.8935 version.
So if your driver version is 26.20.100.8141 or above, you should be able to use 32 in Kodi's MFX level setting. 35 will be supported once I integrate the newer version. Lower driver version than that is setting the MFX level value by trial and error.

Regarding the HDMI output - if you have an HDMI1.4 port, it should work for you. If your minipc has HDMI2.0/2.1 or USB-C Thunderbolt and you are connected to a 4K receiver or 4K projector, you might need adapters as the OEM might have used an LS-PCON chip which is breaking frame packed presentation on such configurations.
@udobroemme @rbmcgee please uninstall your current kodi and try this build: https://app.box.com/s/laxcqvkeut4lf2n968n6yxeorp9koj2n

I have made a few changes - if it works it works... For me, it actually decreased the crosstalk on my Celeron (to be fair I also changed the 3D settings on my Epson projector: set to 3D Dynamic and Signal->3D brightness set to Low)
@udobroemme @rbmcgee
Thank you for the new build.
On my setup (intel KBL P630, 21H2 latest updates, intel 30.0.101.1934 drivers) this new build behaves the same as before.
Over/under output works perfectly, sbs output shows the same view on both sides and with hw output only one view shows an image and the other stays black.
(2022-04-26, 21:42)damagedspline Wrote: [ -> ]@udobroemme @rbmcgee please uninstall your current kodi and try this build: https://app.box.com/s/laxcqvkeut4lf2n968n6yxeorp9koj2n

I have made a few changes - if it works it works... For me, it actually decreased the crosstalk on my Celeron (to be fair I also changed the 3D settings on my Epson projector: set to 3D Dynamic and Signal->3D brightness set to Low)
@udobroemme @rbmcgee

I tried the latest build to the exact same result.  The left side video is simply not getting through.

FYI, I have moved on from Windows and 3D and have gone for the Linux Vero4k+ machine.  I got it, hooked it up and it worked perfectly for 3D (Video and passthru HD audio) right out of the box.  So, it can be done.  I don't have any 4k disks or 4k optical drives, so I haven't tried that, but since it's called 4k+, I assume it works as well.

Perhaps talking to the linux folks can get some guidance.

I will check back to this thread every couple months in case any breakthroughs, because I would always like to have a Windows machine that can do 3D as well.

Thanks for your effort and help.
(2022-05-06, 14:07)rbmcgee Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps talking to the linux folks can get some guidance.

I will check back to this thread every couple months in case any breakthroughs, because I would always like to have a Windows machine that can do 3D as well.

Thanks for your effort and help.

Sadly, linux and windows use completely different backends (completely different OS architectures), each with its own 3d implementation. In term of the code of the mvc patch that is compatible to both windows and linux - it is less than 40% of the patch...
For now, the next release will include the following:
  1. New setting to control whether to lock the 3D FPS to always be 24.0 (as also was in kodi 18 & 19 till now) or let the 3D FPS be dynamic to match the video file -> I added this because previous behavior produced judder and crosstalk
    1. Default value is dynamic 3D FPS mode as 3D Display is auto controlled now
  2. Updated libbluray to 1.3.1 -> I have created a merge pull request for this to the mainline Kodi
  3. Bluray menus support for 3D MVC discs/ISOs!
    1. Currently working 99% - the only remaining issue is that still frames & timed still frames are not drawn correctly in 3D
  4. Updated libmfx to 1.35.1 - added support for newer Intel GPU

I dont think that any of the above will solve the black eye issue that some experience when using hardware based stereoscopic view...
(2022-03-03, 21:52)damagedspline Wrote: [ -> ]Updated first post with Kodi v19.3.4 - libbluray updated to 1.3.0!!!!

everything works the same as in previous versions - 2D & 3D titles, either encrypted (using makemkv as decoder) or non-encrypted.
3D bluray discs menus are broken as they always had.

I just received a few days ago the Hobbit 3D Extended trilogy set (was on sale at Amazon US) and tested with this new build  Big Grin  (well, only the first 30min of the battle of the five armies)

Next on my TODO list is to attempt to clean the libbluray update commit from all MVC/MFX related stuff and to push Kodi upstream, maybe it will be accepted.
After that I added a new item this fork todo list - fix the bluray menu in 3D mode.

@Krobar - unless kodi upstream plan a new v19.4 your up in line after that
If you do have time to look at the audio issue described below I would really appreciate it:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17427
Hi, 

thanks for your create work. Sometimes i watch my 3D MKV MVC movies in 2D and i have the problems with sync of audio and video. As long a i see any overlays both will stay in sync - but i have a great offset when not. When i pause the movie the audio stops immediatley but the video seems to play on until the offset is gone. The file is stored on a local harddrive so it can not be a network problem. I don't have the problems with regular 2D movies. Any ideas? 

Kind regards
Appreciate the work to keep this alive. I've been following from a distance as I've not been able to commit much time to investigating lately. Is it possible to give a write-up of what this version does do, what know issues there are and so on? Reading your post I can pick bits and pieces but without going back to follow along the entire process from awhile ago I feel I am missing things and just some highlights are being touched on. And also what hardware/system software/drviers etc you are using and/or expect to be useable.

Again really appreciate the process thus far.
(2022-05-16, 09:36)Krobar Wrote: [ -> ]If you do have time to look at the audio issue described below I would really appreciate it:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17427

Did you try enabling the "send low noise" in settings->system->audio?
(2022-05-17, 23:16)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Appreciate the work to keep this alive. I've been following from a distance as I've not been able to commit much time to investigating lately. Is it possible to give a write-up of what this version does do, what know issues there are and so on? Reading your post I can pick bits and pieces but without going back to follow along the entire process from awhile ago I feel I am missing things and just some highlights are being touched on. And also what hardware/system software/drviers etc you are using and/or expect to be useable.

Again really appreciate the process thus far.

Known issues are per release in the 1st post...
Some PC systems/receiver/projector/tv configuration might have other issue - but these are considered "unknown issues" as I can only test with what i have.
(2022-05-17, 10:38)slippen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 

thanks for your create work. Sometimes i watch my 3D MKV MVC movies in 2D and i have the problems with sync of audio and video. As long a i see any overlays both will stay in sync - but i have a great offset when not. When i pause the movie the audio stops immediatley but the video seems to play on until the offset is gone. The file is stored on a local harddrive so it can not be a network problem. I don't have the problems with regular 2D movies. Any ideas? 

Kind regards

3D is a bit awkward as 2 matching frames (R & L) are not read by the same process so they need to be synced, this is what cause the delay. When you switch to 3d mono mode it still reads the 2nd eye frame even though it is not used and as so it will still have the delay.
Thanks for your answer. So there is no way to make 2D mode make work in Kodi? Tried some different players and they work fine.
(2022-05-18, 13:16)slippen Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your answer. So there is no way to make 2D mode make work in Kodi? Tried some different players and they work fine.

I will add it to the known issues, I will fix it after i'll finish the current items on my plate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29