Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
wait. so you got this working, except the left strobes and its not 3D when you close your left eye?
are you sure you understand "3D" or "working"?
pretty sure you need both eyes for 3D to have its intended effect
(2023-02-04, 20:39)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]wait. so you got this working, except the left strobes and its not 3D when you close your left eye?
are you sure you understand "3D" or "working"?
pretty sure you need both eyes for 3D to have its intended effect
I was able to get this build of Kodi to output in 1080p/24hz in frame packed 3D in the latest version of Windows 10. This automatically activates the FP 3D mode on my projector, which is not something that can be manually forced - it has to detect it in the stream and this has been the most difficult aspect to get functional in the 3D/MVC/HTPC setup process. It is not SBS. It is not O/U. It is frame packed 3D. However, one of the overlapping images is flashing when using Kodi. If I close my left eye, the image appears normal (2D) but not 3D. The purpose of this information is to convey that both images are not flashing, only the left eye image.

I have now been able to get FP 3D working in MPC-BE and Jriver Media Center, both of which are using MadVR as the renderer. There is no flashing left eye image when using either of the aforementioned software.

In summary:

1. "Working": It is possible to successfully send FP MVC 3D content with the latest AMD drivers on fairly current hardware (Radeon 6900XT, Ryzen 5600X, Windows 10 latest update). As there is myriad misinformation that abounds on a number of different forums regarding what can and cannot play MVC FP 3D, I felt it worthwhile to point this out.
2. I am experiencing the issue described above with the most current release of this fork of Kodi (thank you to the developer for all your hard work on this, BTW). For reference, I am able to use this build of Kodi successfully on an older Intel integrated graphics system using HDMI 1.4.
3. I am happy to attempt to troubleshoot if somebody has some settings I might adjust.
i see, well carry on, i didnt take note that you were asking for support since this is actually posted in the "discussions" section - i thought it was part of a discussion
This fork only works with Intel hardware acceleration at this time like described in the initial posting. Damagedspline mentioned earlier that he wants to implement a non mfx dependent version but that didn't happen so far. So AMD/Nvidia users need to be patient or have to switch to Intel graphics.

Btw the latest version works great on my Alder Lake system.
You can get it to work on Amd/Nvidia with old version of libfmx dll copied to system32, but it's not hw accelerated and a hassle to get it reliable.
I never got Kodi 19/20 MVC output working on my AMD Ryzen 2400G system with any libmfxsw64.dll version I could find (and I found many versions Wink).
I got it to work on my 5600G, but it still was a pain to use.
Either way it seems to be the best idea for non Intel users to wait for damagedsplines new implementation. Smile
Hi,

with latest drivers and windows it still crashes. I havn't found the entry where you describe which driver version works for you. Maybe you can look at your system? 

Kind regards
I've got an Alder Lake (12th gen) Pentium G4700 which works fine with the latest Intel drivers 31.0.101.4091.
"Btw the latest version works great on my Alder Lake system."

Saying that it works with Alder Lake in general, is a stretch.

The Intel Pentium Gold G7400 has the UHD Graphics 710 GPU, which is different from the Core i5  and higher Alder Lake CPUs which use the Iris Xe Graphics.  To make things even more interesting there are a couple of Core i3 SKUs (eg i3-1215UL) that depending on the memory setup (64bit single or 128bit dual channel), it can turn the UHD Graphics GPU into an Iris Xe.

Has anyone tried the latest version with either a Tiger Lake or a Alder Lake with a Core i5, or better? 

I'm currently having "stability" issues with KODI Nexus on my Intel NUC i3-6100U.  More often than not, when coming back from sleep, When I try to resume an existing video or even play a new one, I get no audio at all.  If I try to restart or quit KODI, it just sits there unresponsive, and I have to kill the task.  Once restarted it works OK.  I don't think this is a system wide (Windows) problem, because it doesn't affect the underlying system functionality (I have audio outside KODI) and if the machine goes to sleep when KODI is not running, then it comes back normally and starting KODI is normal.  Just something about how KODI handles sleep mode
So my I3 6100 pc desktop decided to die today.  Not completely sure if its the mother board or the CPU yet. Hopefully will figure out tomorrow.  Are there any cheap motherboard cpu combos that are guaranteed to work with this?  

On a related note, I tried my 12th gen Dell Laptop tonight.  I could not get 3D to work, it would only do over under.  I also could not get sound.  It is an XPS 13 and only has usb C ports which I'm guessing is part of the issue.
(2023-02-20, 03:30)robl45 Wrote: [ -> ]So my I3 6100 pc desktop decided to die today.  Not completely sure if its the mother board or the CPU yet. Hopefully will figure out tomorrow.  Are there any cheap motherboard cpu combos that are guaranteed to work with this?  

On a related note, I tried my 12th gen Dell Laptop tonight.  I could not get 3D to work, it would only do over under.  I also could not get sound.  It is an XPS 13 and only has usb C ports which I'm guessing is part of the issue.

I use a Gigabyte Brix celeron j4xxx I ordered from Amazon. It works well except for purchased blurays realtime decryption (kodi +makemkv) which it takes a while to load the disc. I ordered from Amazon in hope that if it doesn't work just return it within the return window and reorder another.
So I got the sound to work on my Dell laptop. 9320. 2022 edition but still no 3d. Anyone have any idea to get it to work? Be awesome if one machine could do everything
Hi all. I run an nVidia Shield. Just saying I would love support of this fork or instructions on how to hack Kodi on my machine to get it to work. It is amazing how hard this is in 2023 to get SOMETHING to play full resolution 3d on my 3d tv. Thanks for the work so far.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29