Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: San Francisco Pro Display Regular with glyphs ttf file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not know if this is the correct place to ask but I know how to get subtitle ttf files and add them on Kodi but the only problem is the San Francisco Pro Display Regular ttf file does not include the glyphs with it so when I watching something with subtitles the music 🎵 icon does not appear and it shows something completely different instead.

Is it possible for someone to add the glyphs onto the San Francisco Pro Display Regular ttf file?
(2021-10-29, 00:26)RHStonks Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know if this is the correct place to ask but I know how to get subtitle ttf files and add them on Kodi but the only problem is the San Francisco Pro Display Regular ttf file does not include the glyphs with it so when I watching something with subtitles the music 🎵 icon does not appear and it shows something completely different instead.

Is it possible for someone to add the glyphs onto the San Francisco Pro Display Regular ttf file?
Yes, but from the best I can determine that font is copyright by Apple and I don't see a license that allows me to modify/distribute it.  Sorry.  But you can do it yourself using font forge program.  Take a look at Open Sans Emoji font which is under the SIL license.

scott s.
(2021-10-29, 23:53)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-29, 00:26)RHStonks Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know if this is the correct place to ask but I know how to get subtitle ttf files and add them on Kodi but the only problem is the San Francisco Pro Display Regular ttf file does not include the glyphs with it so when I watching something with subtitles the music 🎵 icon does not appear and it shows something completely different instead.

Yes, but from the best I can determine that font is copyright by Apple and I don't see a license that allows me to modify/distribute it.  Sorry.  But you can do it yourself using font forge program.  Take a look at Open Sans Emoji font which is under the SIL license.

scott s.

Thank you Scott. The Open Sans Emoji font had the music icon but it was missing some other glyphs such as -.

Is there a more up to date emoji font that you could recommend which I can try which will have all the glyphs available?