Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FIX FOR ADDON PROBLEMS ON XBOX MATRIX v19.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First all of apologies for introducing thiese problems onto peoples devices, unfortunately all testing was done under the XBox dev mode however it seems Retail mode when loaded from the Store is doing something permission related that is causing addons to not run. This permission difference between Dev and Retail modes is not something we had observed before so is something we were unprepared for.

Credit to @matthuisman for discovering a workaround.

Please see Matt's blog at https://www.matthuisman.nz/2021/10/fix-k...ddons.html for the details of how to load a workaround the addon problems in v19.3 and hopefully we can get something in an official build for a future v19.4 release.

For the background to this read https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3067676
(2021-10-30, 14:29)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]First all of apologies for introducing thiese problems onto peoples devices, unfortunately all testing was done under the XBox dev mode however it seems Retail mode when loaded from the Store is doing something permission related that is causing addons to not run. This permission difference between Dev and Retail modes is not something we had observed before so is something we were unprepared for.

Please see Matt's blog at https://www.matthuisman.nz/2021/10/fix-k...ddons.html for the details of how to load a workaround the addon problems in v19.3 and hopefully we can get something in an official build for a future v19.4 release.

For the background to this read https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3067676

Thank you very much to everyone for your work and time and to @matthuisman for the quick response to the problem. The solution for the problems with the slygui addons gives an error because it says that it must be installed from a repository and not from a Zip file. Once again, thank you very much
@AngelRb
It should have worked if you had installed the Slyguy repo / addons before applying the fix.
But have just updated the slyguy.dependencies.zip to no longer have a dependency so should be able to be installed first now
(2021-10-30, 19:06)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]@AngelRb
It should have worked if you had installed the Slyguy repo / addons before applying the fix.
But have just updated the slyguy.dependencies.zip to no longer have a dependency so should be able to be installed first now

@matthuisman m Thank you so much
(2021-10-30, 14:29)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]First all of apologies for introducing thiese problems onto peoples devices, unfortunately all testing was done under the XBox dev mode however it seems Retail mode when loaded from the Store is doing something permission related that is causing addons to not run. This permission difference between Dev and Retail modes is not something we had observed before so is something we were unprepared for.

For the background to this

I re-installed Kodi on my X box and copied the fix as described, at least it now allows me to download a build where as before I couldn't even do that. But none of the builds I have downloaded work all I keep getting is error messages telling me to check log fir details
@Kingnick1956

We're a bit puzzled with your first post here. Why would someone who accepted the Kodi forum rules (wiki) during his registration just 2 hours ago, mention the fact that he is using one, and possibly more "builds", while Kodi setups with such add-ons will clearly get no support whatsoever on this forum?
Thanks So much for the Info, and I will be waiting for the Kodi 19.4 and Thanks again
Hello, I was given the link to this thread because the PLEX stopped working. The fix seems to have partially worked. Before doing this fix I could not even get the plex addon to get to the Plex Menu, Now I can get to the Menu, see all my Plex media, but nothing will play, it says failed playing media file, then the Kodi app lock ups, I have to force quit the app to get it out of the black screen. I also can play the same files on Kodi for Windows Plex addon. Not sure if I am missing a step or if this solution will not fix the Plex issues completly.

Thanks
(2021-11-14, 01:47)Intisol Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I was given the link to this thread because the PLEX stopped working. The fix seems to have partially worked. Before doing this fix I could not even get the plex addon to get to the Plex Menu, Now I can get to the Menu, see all my Plex media, but nothing will play, it says failed playing media file, then the Kodi app lock ups, I have to force quit the app to get it out of the black screen. I also can play the same files on Kodi for Windows Plex addon. Not sure if I am missing a step or if this solution will not fix the Plex issues completly.

Thanks

**update, I got it working...NM**...thanks for the fix!
Hey, Wondering if you got a resolution to this issue.

Exact same problem. I couldn't even get wizard to work until I used the Matt Huisman fix. Now I can actually load a build.
Problem is once I get in, nothing works because every single Add On errors. Is there another fix for this or should I just accept that it's not going to work until theirs a new release? Any help is appreciated.

I miss my KODI!!!!
Builds do all kinds of craziness and sometimes dodgy behavior.

Try doing the fix again after installing build or don't use a build for now and install add-ons manually that you want.

But yes, a fix in Kodi had been found and will be in 19.4. not sure on eta though
good, is there a date for update 19.4? Thank you so much.
Just download Kodi 19.3 for the Xbox and it works! Here is the video instructions link.  

[mod edit] link to you-tube video of wizard installation and build removed!
My Xbox auto updated to matrix is there anyway to revert it back or a work around so I can get add-ons again?
(2021-12-04, 06:26)Hockster Wrote: [ -> ]My Xbox auto updated to matrix is there anyway to revert it back?

No.

(2021-12-04, 06:26)Hockster Wrote: [ -> ]or a work around so I can get add-ons again?

Yes, see the first post.
Pages: 1 2