Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Continous caching of 1080p x264 videos with MINIX U1 + Kodi 19.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Since 19.0 I have problem with playback of 1080p MKV x264 videos, rar'd or extracted doesn't matter. The playback starts and after a short period Kodi is buffering and I got the message, that the source is too slow for continous playback.
This issue was not present with 18.x (upgraded from 18.9). The player I use is a MINIX U1 with S905 and Android 5.1.1 (FW013).

I contacted MINIX forum also, but it was nonsense what they replied, basically they said, that it's all about a problem with my network... well, no any component has been changed in my network config, I use still MINIX U1 via wireless connection, which totally worked fine with 18.9 before moving to 19.x

Any help is appreciated!
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2021-10-31, 20:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Please find the log uploaded: https://paste.kodi.tv/muqiyizoje.kodi

There are two videos played, one is the avengers endgame 1080p x264 mkv rar'd, where I have issues with buffer: basically the movie starts, then picture stutters, then I can see the cache is down to 0k, after 30-60 sec caching starts, cache fills up, but then after 1-2 minutes cache is empty again.

With the other movie played, General Magic 720p x264 mkv unpacked, there is no issue.
In general there is no issue with movies below 1080p (rar'd or unrar'd doesn't matter).