Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19.3 update got me freezing quit...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

I updated to 19.3 for Windows just 2 days ago and when i was about to stop en quit Kodi it was not really freezing but trying to update the screen for a long while.
The same when i managed to use the quit button yesterday to shut off my computer to sleep it took several minutes to turn of everything.

Today i tried to make this happen again after i had turned on the log to be able to show you what happens, but nope it worked fine those 2 times i tried.

I can see others have reported problem so maybe something is wrong with the 19.3 version ... tonight i will tirn the log on through the whole session watching tv before sleeping to see if the problem turns up again.
(2021-11-01, 13:54)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]tonight i will turn the log on through the whole session
Yes, unless we can see the debug log, it's just speculation. Ensure you don't have 3rd party add-ons (disable them for the purposes of examination), network calls or background tasks. There isn't a floodgate of posts regarding 19.3, so I can only assume it's specific to some localization.
(2021-11-05, 04:37)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-01, 13:54)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]tonight i will turn the log on through the whole session
Yes, unless we can see the debug log, it's just speculation. Ensure you don't have 3rd party add-ons (disable them for the purposes of examination), network calls or background tasks. There isn't a floodgate of posts regarding 19.3, so I can only assume it's specific to some localization.
Thanks for your reply, i have not installed anything new after i updated to 19.3 and it begun the same night i had installed it so something is different with the new version.

Here's the logfile, but this one is just a slow quit and not "can't play videos because of stuttering sound and video". Hope you can see something that is not as it should here...

https://pastebin.com/Zs7NMb3Q
(2021-11-05, 12:33)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]but this one is just a slow quit
From line ~1250 at time of 11:23:43.690 through line 1512 at a time of 11:23:49.959 is 6 seconds, and in that time there is clean-up of the cache, save settings, writing out the log, notify Trakt, dealing with failed to stop script.plex and terminating python tasks... that's more work than I do in a day. It's likely in all those many http: network calls, one of the tasks is holding up the system as evidenced by the "worked fine those 2 times". I suspect without those add-ons, Kodi will start to act as designed.
(2021-11-05, 19:47)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-05, 12:33)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]but this one is just a slow quit
From line ~1250 at time of 11:23:43.690 through line 1512 at a time of 11:23:49.959 is 6 seconds, and in that time there is clean-up of the cache, save settings, writing out the log, notify Trakt, dealing with failed to stop script.plex and terminating python tasks... that's more work than I do in a day. It's likely in all those many http: network calls, one of the tasks is holding up the system as evidenced by the "worked fine those 2 times". I suspect without those add-ons, Kodi will start to act as designed.
Thanks!

I will try without Trakt tonight and see if it helps. Plex is harder to live without. Smile

I will report back tomorrow.
(2021-11-05, 20:08)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]Plex is harder to live without.
You don't have to integrate Plex with Kodi library, makes both programs run easier.
(2021-11-05, 21:03)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-05, 20:08)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]Plex is harder to live without.
You don't have to integrate Plex with Kodi library, makes both programs run easier.

Now i don't understand Smile
Today i inactivated Plex and the problem is gone. But how can it be that from one version to an new one this fails? Before 19.3 i had no problem at all.
The problem was back again so today i have reinstalled 19.2 of Kodi and it works like a charm. SO something is rotten with the 19.3 i think. At least on my system.

Thanks for all help and i'll be waiting for 19.4.
(2021-11-09, 12:26)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]i'll be waiting for 19.4
I don't think you're missing a lot, patience.
(2021-11-09, 19:15)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-09, 12:26)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]i'll be waiting for 19.4
I don't think you're missing a lot, patience.

Unfortunally the problem is back even in 19.2. Sad
Stick with 19.3 if Kodi runs well nuff to tolerate, Looking at the log... failed to stop script.plex and stopping script.trakt leads me to be suspicious. Throw up another log, and let's see if we can read the tea leaves.
(2021-11-10, 05:19)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Stick with 19.3 if Kodi runs well nuff to tolerate, Looking at the log... failed to stop script.plex and stopping script.trakt leads me to be suspicious. Throw up another log, and let's see if we can read the tea leaves.

Hi

Installed 19.3 again and this is how the logfile looks like now when i have just watched some swedish tv on SVT Play for a while and then ended KODI.
I can see it tries to load icons in the plugins department and it takes it's time to quit and are very slow when browsing the menues.

https://pastebin.com/YT7jgjJ8

This morning it worked just fine to quit KODI and here's the log for that:

https://pastebin.com/rHr0ML0z
I'm starting to see a pattern in AMD's gfx clean up routines, both logs have "Total video memory available is 10148 MB (dedicated = 2007 MB, shared = 8141 MB)" to the exact byte, which is mildly significant. It's starting to look like a gfx engine driver issue with fragmentation of available allocated memory. Check to see you are using AMD's latest for that hardware.
(2021-11-11, 18:47)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I'm starting to see a pattern in AMD's gfx clean up routines, both logs have "Total video memory available is 10148 MB (dedicated = 2007 MB, shared = 8141 MB)" to the exact byte, which is mildly significant. It's starting to look like a gfx engine driver issue with fragmentation of available allocated memory. Check to see you are using AMD's latest for that hardware.

Finally we're getting somewhere Smile Many thanks!
But i have the latest one and when i come to think about it i updated this one recently. Is my gfx card singing on it's last tune or ...
I'm still with you, let's put aside all previous assumptions and look at this from a fresh perspective. I know you're not going to like what I'm about to say, but it's a simple 30 minute test to prove out the hardware/drivers and of course Kodi. I would like to see a Portable mode (wiki) installation, with nothing added, out of the box stock, with one local video as your source and let's see if there is any functional issues, if so a debug of that log would help lurking developers with bug detection. If Kodi functions as expected without issues, then we'll have to bore down on the customization one feature at a time.
Pages: 1 2 3