Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Showing What's Going to be Recorded in Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is there a way to get the guide to show what is going to be recorded? I've been using Aeon Nox Silvo and there's a little indicator in that guide. Is there any way to accomplish the same thing in Amber? This is using the HDHR Recording Engine.
(2021-11-04, 01:59)Toricred Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get the guide to show what is going to be recorded? I've been using Aeon Nox Silvo and there's a little indicator in that guide. Is there any way to accomplish the same thing in Amber? This is using the HDHR Recording Engine.
@Toricred , Amber already shows an indicator in the guide for a scheduled recording:

Is this not what you mean? If not, please clarify.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I'm only seeing that indicator on some items that are being recorded.
(2021-11-04, 20:58)Toricred Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only seeing that indicator on some items that are being recorded.
@Toricred , I need a bit more information in order to determine what the issue is.  What is the difference between an item that has the indicator and one that does not? Are the timers you created for the scheduled recordings the same type? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I may have figured it out. It looks like the ones I created in the HDHR app aren't being marked in the guide. I'll have to recreate them one at a time.
Well that doesn't seem to work. Maybe I have to close and re-open Kodi after making the changes. Restarting Kodi didn't fix it. I'm trying to restart the computer to see if that fixes it. Restarting the computer didn't work. Next I'm going to restart the recording engine on my NAS. That didn't work either. Next to attempt is restarting my NAS. Restarting the NAS didn't fix it so now I'm going to restart the computer again since the NAS is back up.

It works on Amber 3.4.11 on my laptop, but not on Amber 3.4.31 on my computer attached to the TV.
3.4.11 also works on the computer attached to the TV. Is it possible that the graphic for showing a timer is missing from 3.4.31?
(2021-11-04, 20:58)Toricred Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only seeing that indicator on some items that are being recorded.

I'm having a similar issue. If there is a series recording (timer rules) I get the little 'clock on pages' icon like shown in the screenshot from post #2. But if I make a single recording there is no icon on the guide. There is a space where the icon should be though. It's like the icon is missing.

I'm not home right now but will try and get some screenshots when I can.

Also, just a suggestion, we used to have a Sky TV box (Pace Micro) which would use a red circle on the guide if the show was flagged for recording. Having an obvious icon made it clear the show was to be recorded. Is it possible to change the recording icon to something a bit bolder? Maybe a user could choose a different icon in red for example?

Kodi 19.3 on Windows 10 (Intel NUC), Amber 3.4.11, NextPVR backend, HDHR Quattro, Yamaha AVR, Sony Bravia TV.
@mminehan , @Toricred , I have not been able to reproduce this.  Could you please walk me through the steps you follow to schedule the recording in Kodi for items that are not showing an icon in the EPG? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi,
Thanks for looking at this issue.

So when I go to the TV guide and select a show and then choose "Add Timer" the guide then shows the small clock (multiple clocks) icon in front of the program name, as expected.

But if I select a show and then choose "Record" the guide is missing the icon.  But you can see a space where it should be (see attached screenshot).

The clock icon does appear on other skins:

Also as an example, some people may find the universally accepted record icon (red circle) as an indicator that a program is flagged for recording.

Hope this makes sense.  And thanks for looking into this. I appreciate that Kodi is supported by people donating their time.

Cheers, Marty
I wonder if that's what's happening with the stuff I set up through the HDHR app. It may be just scheduling one at a time.
I don't use the HDHR addon in Kodi.  Rather the NextPVR backend uses the HDHR as a tuner, and Kodi uses the NextPVR addon.  If that information is of any use.
@Toricred Just to be clear, if the recording is added using "timer" (i.e. series link) then the icon looks like a clock in abox with another box behind it, indicating multiple recordings.  If the recording is a single recording, added using "record" then the icon should be a single clock in a box.  At least that is the way it is displayed on other skins.
I also can't get the background for the guide to use Random TV Fanart.
I don't see anything show up if I set it up as a timer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4