Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Downgrade to 18.9 ? Using Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi 19 just does not work on Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye for me. 

I would like to downgrade to 18.9 please.

Can anyone help me how can I do it ?
Oh btw I have Raspberry Pi 3b+ model.
Perhaps it would help if you explained how kodi 19 isn't working.
There is no package for kodi 18 on bullseye.
Ok.
So, I try to run Kodi, all I see is some code but last thing I see is "Unable to create GUI.exiting"

Tried reinstalling it but still the same thing happens.
(2021-11-26, 14:51)komrad2236 Wrote: [ -> ]Tried reinstalling it but still the same thing happens.

Kodi 19 has new video protocols, and the RPi3B+ isn't well suited anymore.
Perhaps LibreELEC 9.2.x is a better/easier solution for you on a RPi3B+.
As I have the need for desktop environment so I can browse the web, use Office programs and few more things, as far as I know LibreELEC cant help me with that correct ?

Can I install previous version of Raspberry Pi OS and Install Kodi 18 on it ?
I'm OK with using older versions.
Can you post ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log to a pastebin type site?
(2021-11-26, 16:03)komrad2236 Wrote: [ -> ]As I have the need for desktop environment so I can browse the web, use Office programs and few more things, as far as I know LibreELEC cant help me with that correct ?

Can I install previous version of Raspberry Pi OS and Install Kodi 18 on it ?
I'm OK with using older versions.

I also have an RPi 3B+.  I've tried Raspberry Pi OS with desktop and then installed Kodi 18.7.  However, the Kodi was lagging terribly, so I gave up.  Now I use LibreELEC.  If you want to browse the web and use Kodi, you may try Noobs to create dual boot systems.
I already installed Raspbian Buster and it seems, to install Kodi on it, I need to compile 18.9 version myself and I have never done this.

Online I can't find already compiled version.

Anyways I will try getting Kodi and report back on how the performance is, if theres lag I am going with dual boot for sure.
Hey just want to report in, I ended up with dual boot and I am satisfied so far
Don't know if my information will help - but I've installed the current OSMC based on kodi 19.3 matrix on my raspi pi 3. It runs better as compared with my previous raspbian installation (using kodi 18.7 on top of X11 windows, swap space was mandatory for smooth operation).

OSMC does of course only install a very basic linux OS (e.g. without any GUI). But since OSMC is debian based one is free to install any additional package. I use my raspi to run Kodi (of course), but additionally I run the weather system weewx (including webserver nginx), the smarthome system fhem (with another Web server), and an NFS server. All that runs smooth (since some days) even without swap space. Sadly OSMC is buster based (w.r.t. apt), but it uses the recent bullseye kernel.

Regards, Michael
Mmm. But dual boot means that I cannot use the Pi as server for other things. That is annoying!
Any solution for bullseye? I have tried to downgrade to 17.x from buster repository but it did not work.
by the way  I figured out that there might have been a library missing or misplaced as indicated here
https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/4729
re/installing libraspberrypi-dev and libraspberrypi did the trick