Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: The device slow down because movies update all the time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My TV box slow down because movies update every time I play a movie in Library.

I don't know what I can provide for a troubleshoot.

Just in the kodi.log I saw hundred lines like below:

2021-12-03 19:58:34.413 T:9768     INFO <general>: UpdateDetailsForMovie: Starting updates for movie 2791
2021-12-03 19:58:34.537 T:9768     INFO <general>: UpdateDetailsForMovie: Finished updates for movie 2791
2021-12-03 19:58:37.183 T:9790     INFO <general>: UpdateDetailsForMovie: Starting updates for movie 2736
2021-12-03 19:58:37.190 T:9790     INFO <general>: UpdateDetailsForMovie: Finished updates for movie 2736
2021-12-03 19:58:37.558 T:9778     INFO <general>: UpdateDetailsForMovie: Starting updates for movie 3297
2021-12-03 19:58:37.675 T:9778     INFO <general>: UpdateDetailsForMovie: Finished updates for movie 3297
2021-12-03 19:58:37.752 T:9804     INFO <general>: UpdateDetailsForMovie: Starting updates for movie 3297
2021-12-03 19:58:37.959 T:9804     INFO <general>: UpdateDetailsForMovie: Finished updates for movie 3297

When it updates 4 CPUs run at 100% for hours non stop. My library is fine don't need any update.
How can I stop this service? I am very appreciate if some one give me an advice.
@usphil

Please provide the full Debug Log that captures the problem. Ensure you have enabled debug mode, otherwise it will be of no use.
After reboot the TV box, I am waiting for the device stably then play a movie in library about 5 minutes then stop.
While watching, each CPU working at about 50%. But when I stop the movie, do nothing, the CPUs are working almost at 100%

Here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/iyefawecuj.kodi
@usphil

There seem to be a few CoreElec errors in your log. You should notify CoreElec about this.
Lines 4159 and 4275

As for the UpdateDetailsForMovie lines, I don't think this is Kodi. I think it is one of your addons.
Can you disable GoogleDrive and see if the problem persists?

You also have a couple of Banned Add-ons (wiki) installed. You will need to remove them.

thanks.
Most of my movies in Library is from Google drive. I also guess the problem is from Google drive but not sure. Playing from Netflix and other addons I don't get this problem.

Maybe found the cause but don't know how to fix it.

I will remove the addons not in Kodi's white list if I post a log again.

Thank you!
I delete file MyVideos119.db. Play movies direct from addon Google Drive. It works normal, CPUs don't run at 100% any more, just few percent when I stop the movie.

log file doesn't have line UpdateDetailsForMovie: Finished updates for movie any more.

I guess the problem is either from the Kodi database or from the Movie Scrapers addon or from the file *.strm Google Drive exports.

Do you have any idea?
(2021-12-04, 09:02)usphil Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the problem is either from the Kodi database or from the Movie Scrapers addon or from the file *.strm Google Drive exports.

The video database or scraper add-ons have nothing to do with the actual playing of a video. They only store metadata and links to the video's location. Nothing that could interfere the actual throughput of a video stream.
But since you already deleted your MyVideos119.db, we can no longer identify the problem. The problem seems to have disappeared, there probably was a database corruption of some sorts going on.
When you delete the MyVideos119.db file, a new one will be created because Kodi upon restart, as Kodi will not function without one. Even when you don't scrape videos into the database, it is used for storing video sources and watch status and resume points.
After scraping all the movies with TMDB scraper instead of the slow TMDB-python, the problem completely disappeared.

It is true that the file MyVideos119.db was corrupt because I used to use TMDB-Python before, this program was quite slow due to it had to get a lot of artworks, sometimes it took too long to download the metadata for a movie or a series so I had to stop it at that time. Then the scraping has to be repeated many times, making the MyVideos119.db file incomplete.

Now I am satisfied with the device that is no longer sluggish. Thank you so much for your kind instructions.