Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange problem with 5.1 sound - Speakers inverted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I am using Kodi 18.9 on an AndroidTV8 box, S905W, and I have this very strange problem. Audio passthrough works as expected, but speakers are inverted. I used a TEST 5.1 video file on my PC, and 5.1 sound comes out as it supposed to be. LF, RF, CE, SUB, LR, RR are all in their correct positions. When using the same file through Kodi though (NAS server), the sound that is supposed to be coming from left front comes from the right and vice versa, on both front and rear speakers. LF becomes RF, RR becomes LR etc. Center and SUB are okay. I'd also like to mention, it maybe helpful, that when I am using an IPTV app on the box and I am watching a stereo live stream, that you can clearly understand where the sound comes from, Formula 1 for example, the sound is as expected. R is R and L is L. Can anyone suggest something? I don't know what should I be looking for. Droid Audio Settings seem to be fine.