Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Only PCM with WASAPI AudioDevice - Intel NUC7i3BNH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

last week I had to format and re-install Windows 10 on my HTPC (Intel NUC7i3BNH) as the update routine failed and I had no working backup :-(
So I re-installed windows with basic functions and took my Kodi Installation with the portable folder, which normally should work.

But now I've the problem, that I always get only stereo sound with configured WASAPI Device..
I tried several options but nothing was working, only DirectSound is working.

I started Kodi also with default settings and configured only the Audio Options, but the same.. Only Stereo Sound.
In my mind there is a problem with the windows driver, but I don't know what and where I can configure it.
The hardware installation was not changed, so that should not be the problem (HTPC --> Yamaha RX-V675 --> Panasonic TX-P50VT50E)

I created also a debug log --> itiyiticoc.kodi (paste)
And here the (in my mind) relevant audio settings in Kodi.

Maybe someone has a tip what I can do Smile

Thanks and best regards,
Shadow128
@Shadow128

Your screenshots show your Panasonic TV as the driver in use. I would expect to see the Yamaha AVR drivers displayed.

Check your audio setup in Windows. You can see the AVR is displayed, not the TV...

Hi Karellen,

that's right, but if I remember correctly in my last windows installation I've also only the Panasonic TV. In the audio setup I see also only the Panasonic TV, but I can configure to 5.1 or 7.1 and I also get the test tone.

I re-installed also the graphic driver, but no change.

In my mind also in the log there was the Yamaha recognized (can't open the page with my smartphone. Tomorrow I can open it with my laptop).

Any other idea?
Hi there,

I've to push this topic again as I tried to re-install Windows but I've still the same problems with a little different hardware.
But first some more details about the situation and what I've done.
Now I've a LG OLED65G19 and a Yamaha V4A. My HTPC (Intel NUC7i3BNH) is connected to the Yamaha AV Receiver.
I'm using Kodi as a portable installation, so after re-install of Windows 10 I transferred my old Kodi folder to the new system and I've also an old Kodi 18.2 version.

On my old (update brokened) Windows system Kodi 19.3 can handle the WASAPI device without problems.
On my new Windows System Kodi 18.2 can handle the WASAPI device without problems.
But..
On my new Windows System Kodi 19.3 can not handle the WASAPI device.

To be safe (or have the same situation) I started Kodi with an empty profile folder for 18.2 and 19.3 and configured only basic settings.

Player -> Adjust display refresh rate -> Always
System -> Audio -> Audio Autoput Device -> WASAPI: LG.....
System -> Audio -> Output configuration -> Best Match
System -> Audio -> Number of channels -> 5.1
System -> Audio -> Activate Audio Passthrough
System -> Audio -> Passthrough output device -> WASAPI: LG....
System -> Audio -> Activate all output formats
System -> Logging -> Enable Debug

Restart of Kodi and played the same file.

With 18.2 the file started without problems and on my AV Receiver I see DD as audio format.
With 19.3 the file started, but I see only PCM as audio format.

So in my mind the windows settings should be fine, but why can't Kodi 19.3 handle the WASAPI device?

Here are also the debug files from 18.2 and 19.3

18.2 -> https://paste.kodi.tv/hitirajiko.kodi
19.3 -> https://paste.kodi.tv/axeyonaful.kodi

Thanks for your help Smile