Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

A few days ago I lost sound from my Kodi install on my Windows 10 PC. Don't know what happened. I get the round, red sound symbol in de top right corner of the screen and no sound. I upgraded my 18.x version to the latest 19.x and it played again. But after shutting down and restarting the Kodi application, sound was gone again and the red symbol returned. Reinstalled (without de-installing) Kodi again and it played again. Until I shut it down and started it again; then same as before.
Windows sounds play fine, Windows Media player plays fine; it seems Kodi loses access to the sound engine of Windows somehow.
Anyone any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Fred.
(2021-12-15, 22:14)freja57 Wrote: [ -> ]I get the round, red sound symbol in de top right corner of the screen
Press F8 on your keyboard
To access the Settings menu: Launch Kodi and click on the gear-like symbol at the top of the page, Select System from the Settings menu, Click on Audio, then Standard at the bottom of the window, Restart the machine and try again to launch Kodi.
I think you mute your Kodi, only need to press theĀ  "+" button a few times to unmute.
Thanks for your reply. Dit not do it, sorry.
Check! That's it! How simple it can be. Thanks for your help!

cheers,
Fred.
Thread marked solved.