Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVDB / Movie Database or any Info Provider not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I have Kodi 19.3 installed in my Xbox One S and can't scan movies or tv shows into my library

It scans for new content, I can see the titles in that part, but when it finishes nothing changes

0 Movies and only 3 Series got into the library

Any ideas about this? Thanks guys!!
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
"Kodi Logfile Uploader Error"

I guess I can't provide my log

Is there any way to add new items to the library without using the add-ons?
(2021-12-19, 06:10)JK_77 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to add new items to the library without using the add-ons?
No
Did you read the announcement at the top of the Xbox forum? It has a fix for the addon problem.
That fix isn't working for me

I deleted Kodi and then re-installed it, I can install from zip, install add-ons, etc, but after I restart can't do that again

It's kinda weird
Finally the xbox uploaded the log

I reinstalled kodi, then applied MJH fix, scanned some files and worked, I turned off the xbox, an hour later tried to scan some new files and I keep getting "TMDb TV Shows error"
(2021-12-19, 11:39)JK_77 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally the xbox uploaded the log
Thanks.

Looking at line 241 of the log, the error message is <class 'OSError'> [Errno 28] No space left on device
So it seems you have run out of storage space on the device. How big is your library? How much storage space do you have on the Xbox (I've never had one, so I have no idea). Can you easily check available space?
@pkscout do you see any problems?
Don't know the size of the library, but I have 400Gb available in the xbox, that shouldn't be a problem… I guess
The no space left on device is definitely causing the crash.  TMDb TV Shows uses the standard Kodi virtual file system libraries for reading and writing files, so they are reporting no space.  I did notice that the media files are are a removable drive labeled "D" and the drive that is reporting out of space is "U" (which appears to be some kind of user space on the XBOX).  That appears to be where Kodi is putting all it's temp and userdata files, so "U" is the drive that needs to be checked.

Also (unrelated), the first item it tried to scan was Blood of Zeus (2021).  That found nothing because the year for Blood of Zeus is 2020 according to The Movie Database.  If the year is included in the TV show name, it has to be the right one or you will get no results.
(2021-12-19, 17:36)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]The no space left on device is definitely causing the crash.  TMDb TV Shows uses the standard Kodi virtual file system libraries for reading and writing files, so they are reporting no space.  I did notice that the media files are are a removable drive labeled "D" and the drive that is reporting out of space is "U" (which appears to be some kind of user space on the XBOX).  That appears to be where Kodi is putting all it's temp and userdata files, so "U" is the drive that needs to be checked.

Also (unrelated), the first item it tried to scan was Blood of Zeus (2021).  That found nothing because the year for Blood of Zeus is 2020 according to The Movie Database.  If the year is included in the TV show name, it has to be the right one or you will get no results.

Thanks, you found the problem, I tried to scan an even larger folder and I got the same error after many files scanned, I thought that something around 500 files shouldn't be a problem…  

The only thing I can think of is… Can the library be saved to that external drive?