Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Allow PVR addons to process stream interactions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Background:

I am maintaining the two PVR addons für Zattoo and Teleboy. These two addons work in a very similar way: The addon provides the EPG and recording data and simply provides an URL to Kodi which is then played with the help of inputstream.adaptive. As soon as a stream is started, the addon has done its job an all the work is done by Kodi and its inputsteam addon.
This works very well including pausing and continuing a live stream in time shift (until recently).

The issues:
  1. Since some time, Zattoo requires that on every pause/resume a POST call is done to their server. When resuming the stream in Timeshift, the server will return a new URL which needs to be streamed instead of the previous one.
  2. When watching a past show (in replay) to its end, the user expects that the stream simply continues with the next show (especially if the show is longer than the planned EPG entry).
The request:

To solve these two issues, the PVR addon would need to know when a stream is paused/resumed/stopped/finished and then needs to be able to take some actions like playing a different URL, stopping the stream, some other kind of action, or just leave the decision to the inputstream addon.

Addition information:

Issue 1. has already been discussed here together with @phunkyfish  and Alwin Esch:
https://github.com/rbuehlma/pvr.zattoo/issues/134
It's hard for me to tell how this is best implemented in Kodi but I hope providing the background information of the request, helps to come up with a good solution.
Thanks for posting @rbuehlma. Once we get the messaging system in place we can work on this feature request.
Any Update on this case?