Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashes at startup 4k h265
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

Kodi crashes when I play h265 4k files with DXVA2 enabled, if I disable it, it plays correctly.

However playing 1080 content with dxva2 enabled is no problem, only 4k.

I use AMD ryzen 5 3500h radeon vega 8, windows 10 pro and kodi 19.3.

Could you help me with this please?

Sorry for my english, I'm spanish and I use deepl as a translator.
(2022-01-02, 16:50)termijavihd Wrote: [ -> ]However playing 1080 content with dxva2 enabled is no problem, only 4k.
Looks like you have discovered the problem and lucky enough; the fix is to stay away resource sapping 4K h265 videos. Driver update - from what I've heard, a none vendor specific version from the microsoft repository reports are that this version also isn’t perfect, but it is a massive improvement over what comes loaded on the machine. GPU and a CPU on one die, also known as integrated graphics and shared memory; which is likely the issue. The performance of the GPU depends on a wide range of factors including the clock speed set by the manufacturers. The iGPU should also benefit from the system memory configuration, as it does not have a dedicated VRAM of its own, so if you can increase the shared video memory, then that might help.