Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19.3 on RPi OS Buster Lite Legacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Community,

I have on My RPI4 with 8GB RAM the OS Buster-Lite (Legacy) installed and Kodi 18.7 is running there over WLAN 5GHz wifi5/ac wir about 300-350Mbit/s Download and also Upload.

The reason why I do not use OSMC is because it was not possible to use wifi5 or 6 ac. The RPI4 was connected with the 5Ghz Wlan but only with wifi4/n. And the Max downloadand upload average was 70Mbit/s. That seems to be too less cause I want to run the Titan Bingie Mod Skin. And I am not able to connect the rpi to Ethernet cause the modem is in the office. So I need wlan. And 2,4 GHz gives .Mac 70Mbit/s and 5Ghz with wifi5/ac more than 300Mbit/s.

That is the reason why I want now to use the RPI4 in the living room with buster lite legacy OS 32bit and wlan 5Ghz with wifi5/ac. That should be enough:-) that is also now the reason for my post . Now I have Kodi 18.7 installed. And I did also an update but there is no newer update in the repos so that I could be able to install Kodi 19.3

Can you tell me how to get 19.3 installed on RPI4 with buster lite legacy OsHuh OSMC cannot be used as mentioned before cause I could not configure wifi5/ac.

Thx a lot in advance !!!
I'd recommend you upgrade to bullseye where kodi 19 is available in repo.
If you want to stick with buster then you are suck at kodi 18 unless you build it yourself.
You could also consider LibreELEC.
Yes.
(2022-01-03, 14:01)encyyo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Community,

I have on My RPI4 with 8GB RAM the OS Buster-Lite (Legacy) installed and Kodi 18.7 is running there over WLAN 5GHz wifi5/ac wir about 300-350Mbit/s Download and also Upload.

The reason why I do not use OSMC is because it was not possible to use wifi5 or 6 ac. The RPI4 was connected with the 5Ghz Wlan but only with wifi4/n. And the Max downloadand upload average was 70Mbit/s. That seems to be too less cause I want to run the Titan Bingie Mod Skin. And I am not able to connect the rpi to Ethernet cause the modem is in the office. So I need wlan. And 2,4 GHz gives .Mac 70Mbit/s and 5Ghz with wifi5/ac more than 300Mbit/s.

That is the reason why I want now to use the RPI4 in the living room with buster lite legacy OS 32bit and wlan 5Ghz with wifi5/ac. That should be enough:-) that is also now the reason for my post . Now I have Kodi 18.7 installed. And I did also an update but there is no newer update in the repos so that I could be able to install Kodi 19.3

Can you tell me how to get 19.3 installed on RPI4 with buster lite legacy OsHuh OSMC cannot be used as mentioned before cause I could not configure wifi5/ac.

Thx a lot in advance !!!
If I recall, we are still waiting for you to verify with another OS if WiFi works differently.
Then we can check and get this resolved under OSMC
I‘m sorry :-)

Now I have tested the rpi bullseye 32bit image and it works with wlan 5Ghz and wifi5/ac

But why it’s not working on OSMC??
My problem now is that the stalker pvr is not available on matrix 19.3…..next problem:-)
(2022-01-04, 20:35)encyyo Wrote: [ -> ]I‘m sorry :-)

Now I have tested the rpi bullseye 32bit image and it works with wlan 5Ghz and wifi5/ac

But why it’s not working on OSMC??
My problem now is that the stalker pvr is not available on matrix 19.3…..next problem:-)
The problem is you've posted on three different forums, which makes it hard to test our issue.
I suggest a single post on the OSMC forum