Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crash when trying to play movie from "favourite" folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Having a strange problem and hope anyone doesn't mind me asking on this forum if they have any ideas.
Running Matrix 19.3, Amber Skin on a Nvidia Shield Pro.

In my favourites folder I have a few TV shows and Movies bookmarked.

If I play a TV show everything is fine.
If I play a Movie, is starts OK, but then crashes, this can be after a few seconds or many minutes.

I can't get my head around why a TV show is fine, 100% of the time. Yet a movie will just about always crash 95% of the time

Sadly nothing is ever in the error log at all. Kodi just closes

If I search for the movie in say Seren, Fen etc and play it from there, no crashes ever.

The crash is only ever when I play movies from within the favourites folder.

Anyone any ideas ?

Thank you
(2022-01-08, 15:42)APNic Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly nothing is ever in the error log at all. Kodi just closes

There were always be something in the log file, or the kodi.old.log file.

It shouldn't matter which folder a video is in, the video is the main factor here.
Provide the debug log (wiki) via a pastebin service so we can have a look.
So sorry, there is something in the error log.

Last line is :-

2022-01-08 14:00:11.059 T:26364   ERROR <general>: CMediaCodecVideoBuffer::ReleaseOutputBuffer error in render(1)

Full log is here if you like to look at it, quite a few errors to do with MediaCodec.

https://paste.kodi.tv/kuyeceweqe.kodi

Thankyou
(2022-01-08, 15:42)APNic Wrote: [ -> ]If I search for the movie in say Seren, Fen etc and play it from there, no crashes ever.

Before going any further, please go and actually read the forum rules (wiki) that accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here.

Our piracy policy (wiki) means that we do not support any piracy banned addons (wiki) like Seren, nor any device that has them installed.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.