Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Sets in Matrix - Shield TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just did a fresh install of Matrix and I went to set my movie set folder (to use the one I was using in Leia) and I'm getting an error message: 

"Make sure the selected folder is writeable and that the new folder name is valid"

I'm not sure how to resolve the issue, I searched the error online and can't determine why it's throwing that error. 

I am using local info only, so there isn't any scraping involved through Kodi. Everything is scraped through TinyMediaManager.
Did you ever solve this issue? I am having the same.
Yes, so what I had to do was use a file manager to create the folder, and then manually move all of my stuff from the drive to that folder. Kodi wouldn't let me use the external drive folder that already existed. 

So now, whenever I update my library, I first use the file manager to transfer set artwork to the adoptable storage drive.  Tedious as hell.
Thank you!

If I may ask, what device are you using? I’ve only seen this question related to the TiVo Stream 4k, and possibly one or two other AndroidTV devices. I’m wondering if it’s a permissions thing built into AndroidTV.
I'm using a 2017 Shield TV. Everything was great until I upgraded to Matrix and updated to the latest Shield Experience. I'm not sure which one broke it, but I'm thinking it was probably the Shield update, because it broke EVERYTHING ELSE. Smile
I realize it's been a minute since this topic was discussed amongst yourselves. I just purchased an Android 11 tv box (Rocktek G2). I've really only ever worked with Firesticks. BUT I am getting this same error message during an attempt to create a file, internal OR external on the Android Box. I have tried multiple file manager's. I noticed, in those file managers, I do not have access to the Android/Data folder either. So I do believe it's permissions related. That being said, I also am in need to loading some files from and external drive into the data folder and all attempts to circumvent the lack of access to this folder have failed. I'm curious, if I cannot do anything with internal or external storage for the backup folder and cannot access my data folder, am I left simply having to start over now? Please help and please move to different thread if this is in the wrong one. Thanks.
(2023-08-02, 06:29)davelee77 Wrote: [ -> ]So I do believe it's permissions related.
Maybe try this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3132727
Thank you for your suggestion. Day 2 trying to resolve this and it is definitely permissions related. I found a file manager that helped me get in though. I will never recommend or mention the particular process as it's not completely safe to do but aside from getting this one file transferred where I need it, I won't have to do anything else in the future with that unnamed process. So I believe everything is going to be good. I'm trying it now. But if anyone needs additional access, as long as you know what you are getting yourself into, I highly recommend FX File Manager! Thanks for your help Karellen!