Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Set different audio delay for another device via advancedsettings.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-22, 15:21)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]As far as different hardware having different audio delays: that can only be fixed via alternate values in the respective advancedsettings.xml files.

Is it possible to set a different audio delay for a particular movie or device through the advancedsettings.xml file?
I want to set the delay for the Bluetooth headset through the advancedsettings.xml file so that it does not apply to the speakers. Is it possible?
(2022-01-14, 09:54)vip. Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to set a different audio delay for a particular movie or device through the advancedsettings.xml file?

No. Different audio delays for a single video file is not possible. It's one delay setting or nothing.

It is possible to set an audio delay for a single video file, however, it's quite a handful. It involves hacking directly into the Kodi video database and placing the correct value in the settings table in the AudioDelay field for the correct video file. So if you're up for using a couple of SQL queries, it can be done. Not via GUI or the AS.xml file, only via an SQL editor.
(2022-01-14, 11:24)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]No. Different audio delays for a single video file is not possible. It's one delay setting or nothing.

Thanks so much for your response.
I mainly asked about a different audio delay for another device, like a Bluetooth headset.

Something like that:

<audiooutput>
           <audiodevice>DIRECTSOUND:{-------------}</audiodevice>
</audiooutput>

Is there such a possibility?
(2022-01-14, 11:38)vip. Wrote: [ -> ]Is there such a possibility?

Not according to the AS.xml wiki page.
Saving audio delay value for Bluetooth is a basic thing for media player software.
For example in vlc player, the audio delay changes automatically when the Bluetooth connects.
Thank you.
In that case, I suggest you keep using VLC for the time being.
Thanks. I wrote Addon specifically for this.
Hope to publish next week.