Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Parental Controls - Parental Lock for Addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been searching around for an addon that will allow a pincode placed on any addons to keep little ones from accessing them. There was one called "Universal Parental Control" which I have but it will not install onto K19. Anyone with any know how would like to take a look. I know a few people out there could really use a working addon like this.
Click here: Universal Parental Control for K18 and Under. Any help getting this to work on K19 would be appreciated.
(2022-01-15, 10:57)oohhenio Wrote: [ -> ]Been searching around for an addon that will allow a pincode placed on any addons to keep little ones from accessing them. There was one called "Universal Parental Control" which I have but it will not install onto K19. Anyone with any know how would like to take a look. I know a few people out there could really use a working addon like this.
The latest version of Universal Parental Control may be 0.8.4, which can be downloaded here.
This is a Python 2 plugin, so it needs to be migrated to Python 3.
I assume this should be a Kodi built-in feature, can't existing features replace the plugin?
The existing feature is a profile lock, with having to create multiple profiles. This Universal Parental Control allows one to put a password/pin on any addon without having to make multiple profiles.
The most recent version of Universal Parental Control is 0.8.4, which may be found here
Because this is a Python 2 plugin, it must be upgraded to Python 3.
Try master lock feature