Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Faster channel opening with inputstream.adaptive enabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. I'm trying to understand how can I make this addon work faster. Waiting around 10 seconds to open a channel is not acceptable...

By default the IPTV Simple Client is very slow to open streams in M3U playlists, but if I enable the option "Use inputstream.adaptive for m3u8 (HLS) streams" in "Advanced settings", zapping becomes as fast (2-3 seconds) as it is on other popular IPTV players - like Perfect Player or ProgTV on Android.

The problem is that some channels don't open if I enable this option, so I tried to enable inputstream.adaptive in the M3U file for some channels, but not others.

However, if I put this string in the M3U file all streams stop working.

#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.adaptive:

Looking at the documentation I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

My question is, how to properly enable inputstream.adaptive in a M3U playlist?

Thanks in advance!

The M3U list I'm using is from the M3UPT project.
This is what I used: 

#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.adaptive
(2022-01-15, 18:47)LITUATUI Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I used: 

You should add this before each channel you want to open with adaptive. But it will only work if the stream is a HLS stream.
(2022-01-15, 23:20)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-15, 18:47)LITUATUI Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I used: 

You should add this before each channel you want to open with adaptive. But it will only work if the stream is a HLS stream.

The channels won't work if I do this.

For example:

#EXTINF:-1 group-title="TV" tvg-id="RTP 1" tvg-logo="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LITUATUI/M3UPT/main/logos/RTP1.png",RTP 1
https://streaming-live.rtp.pt/liverepeat...-agent=RTP Play/2.0.26 (Linux;Android 11) ExoPlayerLib/2.11.8

But they do work if I enable inputstream.adaptive in the advanced settings instead of doing it in the M3U file. This is what's strange.
Ok, I solved this.

I just had to see the log.

Creating InputStream
AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: SetVideoResolution (1920 x 1021)
AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Invalid / not given inputstream.adaptive.manifest_type

So I did this:

#KODIPROP:inputstream.adaptive.manifest_type=hls

This works!

Thanks phunkyfish for trying to help Smile
Ah yes, I forgot that one. As the addon auto sets that property if you use that inputstream in the addon settings.
Hello, I also had the same issue, thanks for posting it.
Now I also face the problem with the new encrypt way RTP had implemented. rtp1hd.smil stopped working, now it buffers a lot!
and with rtpclean1HD I can't figure out to make it work ...
I replied on your topic on GitHub.
(2022-01-16, 00:31)LITUATUI Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I solved this.

I just had to see the log.

Creating InputStream
AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: SetVideoResolution (1920 x 1021)
AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Invalid / not given inputstream.adaptive.manifest_type

So I did this:

#KODIPROP:inputstream.adaptive.manifest_type=hls

This works!

Thanks phunkyfish for trying to help Smile

Thank you
How can I do adaptive m3u