Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unwatched Episode overlay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not quite sure what the actual name for this is, but I am using estuary on windows with the most recent stable as of January 2022. Currently my TV episodes are being displayed as 'unwatched'. They have an overlay at the bottom right of the series poster that indicates how many I have watched versus how many in the collection (i.e. 12/24). Meaning I have watched 12 of the 24 in my collection. Is there a way to change this functionality to just show the number of unwatched episodes (i.e. 12)?
This sounds like a skin issue, there is likely a fix if you're willing to do some skin editing. I'll transfer this thread along to the 'Estuary' skin forum, you may get lucky with some helpful advice
If it´s really showing a "12" shown of "24" episodes in total...how can you be sure it´s not mentioning the unwatched episodes? As the counting for watched or unwatched episodes would be the same then. Please try to mark an additional episode as watched and let us know which number is shown.
I assume you're writing about displaying the In progress TV shows widget. Yes, by default the pair <watched episodes> / <total episodes> is displayed. It is possible to change this to <number of unwatched episodes> / <total number of episodes>, but it means modifying the skin definition file.

If you are interested, I can specifically guide you in what and in which file needs to be changed.
(2022-02-04, 00:01)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]If it´s really showing a "12" shown of "24" episodes in total...how can you be sure it´s not mentioning the unwatched episodes?
Yes, it is certain that unseen episodes are displayed there! Firstly, I see it in my Kodi screen, and secondly, it is also clear from the contents of the skin definition file:
xml:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(WatchedEpisodes)]$INFO[ListItem.Property(TotalEpisodes), / ,]</label>
edit View_54_InfoWall.xml
<include name="InfoWallMovieLayout">

<label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(WatchedEpisodes)]$INFO[ListItem.Property(TotalEpisodes), / ,]</label>

<label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(TotalEpisodes), / ,]</label>