Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] Had to replace cable modem, and now NFS sharing stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I won't bore you with a play by play of the last two weeks of networking hell. Suffice to say that due to a loss of internet, I ended up replacing both my cable modem (Motorola MB7621) and my wireless router (TP-Link Archer A9 AC1900). It still took more time to set everything up properly to get internet to all my computers and other boxes (such as my Gen 2 Fire TV), but now they all have it.

There's just one intractable problem remaining, and that is that Kodi (Fire TV) can apparently connect to my NFS shares, by which I mean that I can access the shared folder names, but every attempt to navigate to the video files inside those folders or to play them always just hangs. This is peculiar because the only changes I made were to change the subnet of my network's local IP addresses. My media server is running the latest release of haneWIN NFS server, and again, except for the subnet change, everything is the same as it has been (it had been working great for many years).

I do not find any fault with Kodi or the developer's NFS implementation. So why am I posting this here? Because a considerable number of Kodi users employ NFS to connect to their media shares (since Windows SMB is too prone to problems). That being the case, my thinking is that I'm much more likely to find guidance here rather than on a general sharing or NFS forum. And since haneWIN NFS server for Windows is both reliable and inexpensive.

Which leads me now to ask: Is there anyone here using a similar NFS configuration? If so, I'd be happy to provide you with any info you'd like so that we can compare notes.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, haneWIN NFS v1261, and Kodi 18.9 on my Gen 2 Fire TV.

I enabled full logging, but after the same-old, same-old initialization steps in the log, it just plain stops. This is something I would expect when Kodi just hangs.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------

I had spent days trying to get this working with v18.9, but since that failed, I figured there was some kind of incorrect or corrupted data in my Kodi installation. I wanted to delay updating to Matrix because I was not satisfied with versions prior to 19.3, and also because I hate updating all my settings and addons and the like. But since I was so fatigued trying to fix Leia, I went ahead and updated.

After which NFS sharing was once again working correctly! Hooray!  I've marked this thread Solved.