Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi wont play (display) WTV, dvr-ms, and MPG files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the subject says, I'm having issues with Kodi not playing most WTV, dvr-ms, and MPG files.

Some WTV and MPG files play, but some (most) do not. They all start, and I get a time counter in the bottom of the screen, but the video doesn't display. Like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cv112f5spxp2cs...t.jpg?dl=0

They've played fine until recently, and all of them still plays fine in both VLC and Windows Media Player on the same PC where Kodi is running.

The only change I've made recently (I can't say for sure if the problem coincides with this or not) is installing Kodi Matrix on a new machine, and playing back the files from shared drives still attached to the machine where I previous ran Kodi (Leia, now since uninstalled).

Anybody got any idea how to make these files play again?

Debug logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/raw/ixiqowomit

Referencing the debug log, these files do NOT play:
Support Your Local Sheriff!_TCM_2013_10_09_20_12_00.wtv
Red River (1948) 2021-07-20-1657.mpg
Masterpiece Classic - The 29 steps (KOPB).dvr-ms

While these play just fine:
Nancy Drew, Detective (1938) 2021-11-29-1144.mpg
Having Wonderful Crime_TCM_2018_01_05_15_44_00.wtv
The Jewel of the Nile.wtv
The Man from U.N.C.L.E (2015) 1080p.mkv
(no issues with any mkv files, by the way)
The supported formats and containers are listed Features and supported formats (wiki).. section 3.1 Format support which includes the extensions you mention.  Your log indicates 426 -errors- while some of the failed titles are using the playercorefactory script which may limit what can be played. Might be a good idea to temporarily rename playercorefactory.xml to something else to at least eliminate a rules issue. The log is quite complex and there is a lot going on, so I would make the suggestion that a simple Portable mode (wiki) installation might be a quick way to bring play capabilities back online, and build from that point.