Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Enigma3 PVR and IPTV Simple client at the same time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need your help please.
Kodi Matrix 19.3 installed on Firestick 4K (2018), always used with Enigma2 Client 19.0.0 to connect to my VU+Solo2.
It correctly receive TV/Radio program list, groups and EPG.
Yesterday I decided to add a second PVR addon (IPTV Simple Client) to receive small/local WebTV not available on Sat, and this is where my nightmare starts.
Program list is really chaotic, sometime list from IPTV kills list/groups from Enigma2, sometime both appeared but with channel number duplicates, sometime the complete list (All Channels) shows at the top channels from Enigma2, other times Simple IPTV channel.
Can someone please explain me if both PVR addons can live together and what is the correct configuration for Kodi PVR to have all channels appearing in the TV list in Kodi?
I think I tried all possible combination with parameters in Kodi Settings/PVR and TV/General only with partial success.

Many thanks in advance.

Max
Sorry, my mistake in the post subject: Enigma2
I also have the enigma2 and IPTV clients running, but on Windows.
Under the PVR settings, under the 'General' heading, I have the first 3 options enabled:-
1) Preselect Playing Channels in Lists
2) Synchronise Channel Groups with Backend(s)
3) Use Channel Order from Backend(s)
The forth option about using backend channel numbers with more than one PVR addon is disabled. 

Also, have you set the PVR Client priority order in the PVR Settings?
If you are running more than one client, you have to specify your order of preference.
I believe the default is 0 (zero), followed by 1, 2, 3 etc (depending on how many clients you have enabled).
If not done, clear your channel and guide data first, then set client priority order.
Hope this helps
Thanks Dumjat,
actually I'm using 1 OFF/2 ON/ 3 ON, don't think 1 has nothing to do with my problem, it's just a channel pre-selection.
Yes, I set Enigma2 with priority 1 and Simple IPTV to 0, but nothing changed.
And yes, everytime I changed PVR configuration, I cleared channel/epg data.
Hmmm, that's very frustrating.  Sad
I thought perhaps with me using the same 2 clients, albeit on a different platform this might be an easy fix by using the same settings. 
I've only ever used a Firestick briefly in the past with Kodi. As far as I can remember, I only had the enigma client set-up so perhaps there is an issue running more than one client on the Firestick.
Maybe the best option is to submit a debug log capturing the problem.
Hopefully @phunkyfish will pick on it later and be able to offer better support for why you are experiencing the problem.
Hope you get sorted.
This thing is driven me crazy.
Just tested exactly the same configuration on Kodi/Widows, the channel list appear exactly as I want, Sat channells first, then IPTV local channels after.
No channel number confilct/duplicates between sat and IPTV...
Can you compare the settings between both setups, windows vs fire stick?
Sorry for delay.
I've spent the last 2 days installing Kodi on several devices.
All with exactly the same configuration, all with both PVR add-ons.
Results are different on each device.
Channels list, channel gropus appear in a different order even on 2 identical Windows installation.
It seems to me that this strange behaviour has something to do with the "speed" of each device.
On desktop PC channel list and EPG from Enigma2 are loaded in about 10 seconds, on Windows notebook it needs about 30".
On Firestick 4K 2008, it needs about 5 minutes.
All devices are connected to the same LAN, some on cable, some other using WiFi.
(2022-02-11, 11:42)QMax Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for delay.
I've spent the last 2 days installing Kodi on several devices.
All with exactly the same configuration, all with both PVR add-ons.
Results are different on each device.
Channels list, channel gropus appear in a different order even on 2 identical Windows installation.
It seems to me that this strange behaviour has something to do with the "speed" of each device.
On desktop PC channel list and EPG from Enigma2 are loaded in about 10 seconds, on Windows notebook it needs about 30".
On Firestick 4K 2008, it needs about 5 minutes.
All devices are connected to the same LAN, some on cable, some other using WiFi.

Settings -> PVR -> General -> Client priorities?

Does using 1 and 2 instead of 0 and 1 make a difference?
Thanks ksooo for the tips, but nothing is changed.
The easiest way to get what you want is to enable the primary PVR addon first and leave the other disabled. Now clear all PVR data in kodi settings. Once it’s finished loading then enable the other addon.
Exactly, this is the only way I've found in my countless attempts.
I suppose PVR Priority in Kodi could play a role, but it seems doesn't works.
A little bit tricky, cause it needs to be done on 3 different devices, but it works.
My next attempt will be to transfer Kodi database to a NAS, with all devices pointing to the shared database.
But first I had to play with your add-on, filtering SAT channels loaded by devices only to few bouquets instead of the full list.
Thanks again for your help/support.