Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Play a random new movie at a specific time using CinemaVision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wasn't sure the correct forum thread to post this on so let me know if i need to post somewhere specific. 

I have what may or may not be a "tall order". I want to play a random new movie using a smart playlist of movies that have been played less than 1 time from my library every friday night at 7 pm....using cinemavision. I have all the pieces (i believe) but just not sure how i would put them together, if it's even possible. Hopefully someone might be able to tell me how to set it up.

I have a smartlist that filters by new movies that have been played less than 1 time.
I have cinemavision set up to play a sequence based on genre
I have cron installed
Thinking all this would be the pieces needed to get the job done....not sure how they would fit together though.... has anyone done this before and can tell me how they did it? I mostly need to know how i would get cron to point to a new movie in the list and kick off the CV sequence for a movie in the smart playlist

to be fair...it may not even be this complicated...also thinking it could be a scheduled task through powershell using an api call?.....
This thread might help you set it up https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...#pid664143 at one point Cinema Experience became CinemaVision and branched out with their own support forum with tips/tricks.
ok, I'll try there...thanks!