Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mezzmo Kodi addon UPnP/DLNA Library Sharing Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.19) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
version fixes a bug with trailer URL formatting.

v0.0.19 fixes and features:

• Fixed a bug where a You Tube trailer URL which started with http:// vs.
https:// would cause an index out of range error.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.19 can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and the Mezzmo GUI and server service need
to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database. This is a protection mechanism to ensure just one application is writing
to the Mezzmo database at a time.

The release notes for the various releases can be found here.

I added a couple of Wiki pages with step-by step instructions and screenshots on how to use the Mezzmo Trailer Checker with Mezzmo to automatically
add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I have begun a FAQ Wiki page (Frequently Asked Questions) with
some of the most common questions related to running the tool with Mezzmo. The FAQ has a number of Kodi specific questions.

The tool has been working very well for me, especially since the fixes in v0.0.3. I find myself watching more movies in my Mezzmo / Kodi library due to the
the Mezzmo Movie Previews feature and local trailers I have Mezzmo Movie Previews set to 3 previews. Now I get 3 random trailers from the release year
of the movie which haven't been watched in my library, then the main movie starts. It's an almost movie theater-like experience..

Questions and feedback are welcome.

Jeff

Mezzmo Trailer Checker wiki page
One challenge I often see here is folks asking about moving their media around (i.e. change drive letters, paths etc..).  I want to share a very pleasant experience with this using Mezzmo and the Mezzmo Kodi Addon

I had built a file structure where I had all of my television series aligned under a single folder called Television. 

\Television\24
... 183 other series
\Television\Young Sheldon

with 185 Television series containing approximately 14,000 episodes. 

My objective was to split this up into Television A-L and Television M-Z folders while moving approximately 7,000 episodes and 102 series to the new M-Z folder.. 

I leveraged the Mezzmo change path capability doing each letter of the alphabet one at a time starting with M and going to Y moving them to the new Television2 folder (i.e. \Television\M.. to \Television2\M.. etc..).  So 12 commands in all (No TV series I have starts with Z yet).   Then I moved the files  to their new location and restarted Mezzmo.  The Mezzmo Kodi addon then did a resync to each of my 7 Kodi clients for native mode Kodi usage. 

All in all this took less than an hour with all bookmarks \ resume pointers, playcounts, last played time, metadata, artwork, actor info and similar being fully retained.

I thought some folks might find this interesting.  I had never moved this many media files at one time.

Thanks,

Jeff
An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.9.6) and
Kodi v19+ (v2.1.9.6) have been posted on GitHub. These versions add improved
stability for the hourly sync and fast sync processes and add support for Kodi 21
Omega Alpha.

*** Important Notes***

Support for Kodi 17 and below is being phased out. Version 1.1.8.1 is the last version
which will have full Kodi 17 and below support. There are no plans to drop support
for Kodi 18 anytime soon.

Also note that if you are running Kodi 21 Omega Alpha 3 or Beta 1 there is a bug
with the Information button
when browsing your library in GUI mode. This was
reported and fixed by TEAM Kodi and is available in a nightly build or you can wait
till the next Beta 2 release.

v1.1.9.6 Kodi 18

• Improved sync timer logic to avoid potential race condition between fast sync and hourly
sync timers.
• Added safety check to reset fast sync timer flag after an hour

v2.1.9.6 Kodi 19+

• Improved sync timer logic to avoid potential race condition between fast sync and hourly
sync timers.
• Added safety check to reset fast sync timer flag after an hour
• Updated video database version for Kodi Omega 21 Alpha 3 and higher support

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher) and automatic updates
are enabled this update will be automatic over the next 24 hrs. Otherwise please
use the links below for manual installation.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
latest Kodi 18 v1.1.9.6 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use
the addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff

Visit the Mezzmo Kodi addon Wiki for the latest
Everyone,

I am looking for some feedback on the proposed new feature Full Season Bookmark and Playcount setting. While I am generally quick to add new features to the Mezzmo Kodi addon, the more I think about this one the less I am convinced it will add much value.

Currently you can easily change the playcount for an entire season or series from the Mezzmo GUI using the multi-select feature against the items you want to do a bulk change. This then gets replicated to all Kodi and non-Kodi clients via the sync process and direct Mezzmo library browsing. Adding this as an option to Kodi would simply be enabling the same functionality from Kodi, in addition to what is already available in the Mezzmo GUI. I am not sure this is a feature that folks would use very often.

Bookmarks / resume pointers are slightly different, in that you can't directly edit them within the Mezzmo GUI and you can already manage them via the Mezzmo Kodi addon on an episode-by-episode or movie-by-movie basis. I am not sure how often someone would want to clear all bookmarks for a season or series.

While this seems like an interesting overall proposal, I am leaning against not adding it right now due to limited usefulness.

I am looking for opinions and feedback.

Thanks,

Jeff
A new Mezzmo Kodi addon feature proposal has been added to the Wiki. This new proposal is called Trailer Playback Counters which will allow setting the retention period for trailer playback counters with the Mezzmo Movie Previews feature. Currently the playback counters are reset daily during the daily sync event. This would allow you to change how often they are reset to determine how often you would see the same movie trailer..

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff
I have quietly been working on a rewrite of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel which is a Mezzmo server side plugin that provides viewing trailers and movie metadata from TMDB.  The software is in final beta and Kodi Mezzmo users are welcome to download it and provide feedback.  The new software is written in a client / server fashion and doesn't require any Kodi changes.  The trailers and metadata are fed to Kodi via the Mezzmo Kodi addon and with the next release of the Mezzmo Kodi addon you will have the option to play a movie directly from Mezzmo via Kodi, if the underlying movie is in your Kodi database.  This is an easy way to see if you already have the movie in your Kodi library without doing searches.

This software leverages the TMDB APi and doesn't leverage screen scraping, so it will be very stable.  Since the client fetches the trailer and metadata in the background there is no delay in pulling data from the TMDB site, like other addon solutions,  and thus the presentation is as fast as other local Kodi media.  Full 100% automation is available via a scheduled task to pull new trailer information with the client.  I have mine running once a day. 

You can download the v0.0.3 beta here.  The next release will be production.

Some key features include:
  • Get current TMDB movie trailer information for Now Playing, Upcoming, Popular and Top Rated movies
  • Download movie trailers for Kodi local playback through your Mezzmo server
  • User selectable feature of 480P, 720P or 1080P quality trailers (if available, otherwise best quality available)
  • Automatically move trailers to designated location (i.e. NAS, local disk etc.)
  • Option for how many movies to keep for each category (1-50) or unlimited
  • Option to set output trailer output format to mp4 or mkv
  • Full detailed logfile
  • Full Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel statistics
  • Check and remove orphaned movie trailer files (available in the upcoming production release)
  • CSV export of trailer information and checker history
  • Command line backups of Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel database
  • User ability to clear trailer information by movie category

Here are some library views so you can see it running with Kodi.  This feature will feed all Kodi instances without touching your Kodi clients, as well as non-Kodi clients running off of Mezzmo.

I've nearly completed the Wiki and if you are interested in learning more on How it Works, you can click here.

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff
Version 2.0.0, the first production release of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel 2, has been published.
This is a near complete rewrite and expansion of the original Mezzmo Movie Trailers channel. Version 2
is now a client / server version of the channel which significantly improves performance and reliability.
It also allows for 100% automation via a Windows Scheduled Task for the client.  Using this new
channel does not require any Kodi addons, You Tube plugins or similar.  The Mezzmo Trailers
Channel 2 software takes care of everything for you.

You can download the Mezzmo Movie Trailers 2 Channel here.

Version 2 has these key features:

• Get current TMDB movie trailer information for Now Playing, Upcoming, Popular and Top rated movies
• Download movie trailers for local playback through your Mezzmo server
• User selectable feature of 480P, 720P or 1080P quality trailers (if available, otherwise best quality available)
• Automatically move trailers to designated location (i.e. NAS, local disk etc.)
• Option for how many movie trailers to keep for each category (1-50) or unlimited
• Full detailed logfile
• Full Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel statistics
• Check and remove orphaned movie trailer files
• Command line backups of Mezzmo Trailer Channel database
• User ability to clear trailer information by movie category

The new Wiki, supporting the version 2 channel, is nearly complete. You can find details there for
How it works,, Getting Started, Running the channel and more.

The next releases v1.1.9.7 /v 2.1.9.7 of the Mezzmo Kodi addon have full integration where you can
quickly see if the movie channel 2 trailer is already in your Mezzmo / Kodi library or even if you have other
movies from the same movie set.  You can also do a direct play of the movie, if it is in your Kodi library.

Clicking on the Mezzmo Movie Set feature brings up a listing of all movies in your library which match
this movie set.  This works by leveraging the Mezzmo Movie Set feature where clicking on the Mezzmo
Movie Set context menu item launches a quick background search on the Mezzmo server and the
Mezzmo Kodi addon displays the results in your standard Kodi view.  Like many Mezzmo features,
movie set creation is automatic at the time the movies are scraped by Mezzmo into your library.

These are pretty cool levels of integration ease of use with Kodi.  You can see more Kodi library views here

I am planning a TV Shows trailer version for the near future.  It will have the same capabilities, integration, automation and more. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Version 2.0.1, of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel 2, has been published. This update has some
minor bug fixes and some enhancements adding additional metadata. In addition it contains a
couple of client stability improvements.

You can download the Mezzmo Movie Trailers 2 Channel version 2.0.1 here.

Upgrade instructions for both the client and server software can be found here.

Version 2.0.1 updates

• Additional code cleanup - client and server
• Fixed issue where the last 2 characters were being chopped off for the last actor, genre or director
• Bug fix for no trailers being displayed when logging is enabled due to path change for v2.0.0
• Added producers and writers to trailer information - client and server
• Added check for movie titles which have unprintable / stdout characters in Python
• Added video as default value for category if improper setting value entered - server
• Added setting to fetch up to 40 trailers per category per run vs. 20 previously - client

The new Wiki, supporting the version 2 channel, is nearly complete. You can find details there for
How it works, Getting Started, Running the channel and more.

A separate version of this channel for TV Show trailers is nearly complete. I should be releasing it within the next
week. It will be based upon TMDB's TV series information and trailers. It will have a couple of extra features including
the ability to specify an origin country for TV series. Keeping the 2 channels separate allows the flexibility to place
 them anywhere in your Mezzmo library. So you might place the movie trailers channel with movies and the TV
Show trailers channel with TV Shows.

If you are a Mezzmo Kodi addon user, the next releases v1.1.9.7 /v 2.1.9.7 have full integration where you can
quickly see if the movie channel 2 trailer is already in your Mezzmo / Kodi library or even if you have other
movies from the same movie set. In addition with the upcoming TV Show Trailers Channel you will be able to
see if you have any episodes from the TV Series and click on a context menu item to see all of the episodes,
their play status, full metadata and be able to launch into playing any episode. I am holding the release of
versions 1.1.9.7 / 2.1.9.7 until I complete the TV Show Trailers Channel. They too will likely be released later
next week. This is an unparalleled level of integration and flexibility for Kodi especially since you don't need to
touch the Kodi clients, install other addons etc.  It just works automatically.

Check out these Kodi library views to see more. I'll post a separate link for the Mezzmo TV Show Trailers channel
library views in the next few days as I build that Wiki.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mezzmo Movie Trailers 2 channel wiki
An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.9.7) and
Kodi v19+ (v2.1.9.7) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a
couple of minor bug fixes but are mostly focused on adding tight integration with
the recently released Mezzmo Movie Trailers 2 channel and upcoming Mezzmo
TV Shows trailer channel. Now you can browse new, upcoming, popular and more
movie trailers while having quick access to see if the movies are already in your
Mezzmo / Kodi library, all without any additional Kodi addons or changes.

*** Important Notes***

Support for Kodi 17 and below is being phased out. Version 1.1.8.1 is the last version
which will have full Kodi 17 and below support. There are no plans to drop support
for Kodi 18 anytime soon but you should expect that sometime in early 2024 new
feature enhancements for the Kodi 18 version will cease. Kodi 18 version bug fixes
will continue through 2024.

Also note that if you are running Kodi 21 Omega Alpha 3 or Beta 1 there is a bug
with the Information button when browsing your library in GUI mode. This was
reported and fixed by TEAM Kodi and is available in a nightly build and should be fixed
in the recently released Beta 1 release.

v1.1.9.7 Kodi 18

• Fixed bug where a stalled Mezzmo channel playback would cause an exception error
when trying to update the bookmark / resume pointer.
• Added support for the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel 2 to allow moviesets, additional
trailers, keywords / favorites and a direct playback function from the context menu.
• Added support for the Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel to allow episodes, additional
trailers, keywords / favorites and a direct playback function from the context menu.
• Improved Mezzmo Trailers to movie matching by adding IMDB ID to existing match by
movie name. Now it will match by either the movie name or IMDB ID number.
• Fixed minor bug which would cause a "No Response from Server" error when trying to
do a Mezzmo library search on a TV Series which has more than 100 episodes.
• Added diagnostic server response logging to Mezzmo server searches

v2.1.9.7 Kodi 19+

• Fixed bug where a stalled Mezzmo channel playback would cause an exception error
when trying to update the bookmark / resume pointer.
• Added support for the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel 2 to allow moviesets, additional
• Added support for the Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel to allow episodes, additional
• Improved Mezzmo Trailers to movie matching by adding IMDB ID to existing match by
movie name. Now it will match by either the movie name or IMDB ID number.
• Fixed minor bug which would cause a "No Response from Server" error when trying to
do a Mezzmo library search on a TV Series which has more than 100 episodes.
• Added diagnostic server response logging to Mezzmo server searches

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher) and automatic updates
are enabled this update will be automatic over the next 24 hrs. Otherwise please

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
latest Kodi 18 v1.1.9.7 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use
the addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff

Version 1.0.0, the first production release of the Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel has been published.
This is a new Mezzmo Channel which is based upon the Mezzmo Movie Trailers channel 2 and is also a
client / server architecture which significantly improves performance and reliability. It has unique
integration with Kodi via the Mezzmo Kodi addon where it will combine Kodi library information with the
TMDB TV Show information to provide as much metadata as possible. It also allows for 100%
automation via a Windows Scheduled Task for the client.  This new Mezzmo channel is a great way to
add a powerful feature to all of your Kodi clients, via Mezzmo, without additional addons or complicated
configurations.  It works with all skins and integrates with existing view setups and similar.

You can download the Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel here.

Version 1.0.0 has these key features:

• Get current TMDB TV Show trailer information for Popular, Airing Today, Currently Airing and Top Rated TV Shows
• Download TV Show trailers and TV Show artwork for local playback through your Mezzmo server
• Option for how many TV Show trailers to keep for each category (1-100) or unlimited
• Automatic skipping of TV Shows with no trailer files
• Configuration setting for the TV Shows preferred origin country
• Automatic Kodi database search for existing episodes and actor information
• Full detailed logfile
• Full Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel statistics
• Check and remove orphaned TV show trailer files
• Command line backups of Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel database
• User ability to clear trailer information by TV Show category

The new Wiki, supporting the Mezzmo TV Show channel, is nearly complete. You can find details there for

If you are a Mezzmo Kodi addon user, the latest releases v1.1.9.7 /v 2.1.9.7 have full integration where you can
quickly see if the TV Show channel trailer is already in your Mezzmo / Kodi library or even if you have other
episodes movies from this TV Show series.  This is accessed via a context menu.

Clicking on Mezzmo Show TV Shows does a quick search of your Mezzmo database for all episodes currently in
your library along with full metadata, watch statuses, resume pointers and more.

Check out these Kodi library views to see more.

I hope you enjoy this new Mezzmo channel. Feedback and bug reports are welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mezzmo TV Show Trailers channel wiki
Version 2.0.2, of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel 2, has been published. This update has some
minor bug fixes and a performance improvement which also reduces the number of TMDB API calls.

You can download the Mezzmo Movie Trailers 2 Channel version 2.0.2 here.

Upgrade instructions for the client software can be found here. There are no changes to the server software.

Version 2.0.2 updates

• Improved speed and significant reduction in TMDB API calls by changing the
method / order for determining existing trailers in the database
• Fixed a bug which was causing some trailers to be incorrectly deleted when
checking the trailer limits and then rediscovered
• Improved statistics shown at the end of a trailer check run
• Increased configuration option for trailers to keep from 50 to 100 per category
• Fixed bug where trailer artwork files were not being deleted during limit check trailer removals

Thanks,

Jeff

Version 1.0.1, of the Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel , has been published. This update has some
minor bug fixes and a performance improvement which also reduces the number of TMDB API calls.

You can download the Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel version 1.0.1 here.

Upgrade instructions for the client software can be found here. There are no changes to the server software.

Version 1.0.1 updates

• Improved speed and significant reduction in TMDB API calls by
changing the method / order for determining existing trailers
in the database and origin country
• Added unavailable trailer tracking table which will recheck
unavailable trailers every 3 days
• Fixed a bug which was causing some trailers to be incorrectly
deleted when checking the trailer limits and then rediscovered
• Improved statistics shown at the end of a trailer check run
• Improved logging when TV Show videos exist but none are trailers
• Fixed bug where TV Shows with nonprintable characters in the
title could cause an exception error
• Updated the server poster file to be TV Shows instead of Movies

The new Wiki, supporting this new channel, is nearly complete. You can find details there for
How it works, Getting-Started, Running the channel and more.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mezzmo TV Show Trailers channel wiki
I've found a bug that was introduced in versions 1.1.9.7 / 2.1.9.7 of the Mezzmo Kodi addon which can break browsing your music database and cause no music tracks to appear.  It was caused by the introduction of the TV Trailers feature which maps TV Trailers Channel to existing TV series in Mezzmo / Kodi.  I just found this today and have a fix for it.  I'll post an update over the weekend.

Thanks,

Jeff
An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.9.8) and
Kodi v19+ (v2.1.9.8) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a
bug fix introduced in the prior release which causes an exception error when
browsing non-video items in your Mezzmo library.

*** Important Notes***

for Kodi 18 anytime soon but you should expect that sometime in early 2024 new
feature enhancements for the Kodi 18 version will cease. Kodi 18 version bug fixes
will continue through 2024.

v1.1.9.8 Kodi 18

• Fixed bug introduced in v1.1.9.7 which was causing an exception error when browsing
non-video library items. This was due to the introduction of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers
and Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Kodi library matching for existing movies and TV series.

v2.1.9.7 Kodi 19+

• Fixed bug introduced in v2.1.9.7 which was causing an exception error when browsing
non-video library items. This was due to the introduction of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers
and Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Kodi library matching for existing movies and TV series.

latest Kodi 18 v1.1.9.8 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Thanks,

Jeff

Version 2.0.3, of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel 2, has been published. This is a feature update
to improve automation.

You can download the Mezzmo Movie Trailers 2 Channel version 2.0.3 here.

Version 2.0.3 updates

•  Added feature to trim database history table to 1000 lines and the
logfile to 15000 lines automatically getting to 100% completely
maintenance free running when running as a scheduled task.
• Modified the total fetch counter to be for the last 30 days to
align to the automatic pruning of the history table.

Thanks,

Jeff

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13